Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Jan 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

TV treating us blokes as idiots...

with one track minds

Now I as a dad of 17 & 12 year old daughters I may be watching tv differently now, but I’m really starting to notice a lot of unnecessary stuff, which I can only assume is to attract the male viewer

Agents of Shield - Seem to manage to get a shot of Quake’s cleavage into every episode

Enterprise- T’pol spends more time in the decontamination shower than anyone else and is the the only crew member who wears a skin tight outfit

Outpost on Syfy. Not much left to the imagination of any female characters outfit

There’s lots more I could mention. Do TV companies really think that they can only attract male viewers in this way?
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

There’s always the option to change channel or even use the on/off switch.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well after watching Bridgerton and the delightful Duke I think it works both ways. Nice looking men and woman on tv nothing wrong in that, but if it’s Benny Hill chasing woman around then it’s too much.
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well it's not new and it will never end. Not saying it's right or wrong.

Lots of close ups of men on the perfume ads to balance it up a bit!

Without getting to deep TV portrays men as pretty thick and useless these days!

(Now where did I put my keys?)
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
There’s always the option to change channel or even use the on/off switch.
Not saying I wouldn’t watch the programs, I enjoy all 3 I mentioned. Just something I’ve noticed recently, like I said perhaps it’s because I’m watching as a dad of teenage girls (neither of who will be allowed to date until they’re at least 30 &#128514

Edited at 05:14 PM.
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

To be fair Star Trek enterprise was like 20 years ago so not really today’s tv and Discovery doesn’t have that.
Old 13 Jan 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've not heard of any of these shows, but I'm attracted now.

Clever folks know their stuff.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Agents of Shield - Seem to manage to get a shot of Quake’s cleavage into every episode

Enterprise- T’pol spends more time in the decontamination shower than anyone else and is the the only crew member who wears a skin tight outfit

Outpost on Syfy. Not much left to the imagination of any female characters outfit
For those of us who’ve never seen any of these shows, can you post some screen shots so we can judge just how gratuitous it is?
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well I watched Emma over Christmas and there was definitely unnecessary nudity - just two scenes - one male and one female - only purpose could be for us viewers to get an eye full.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

you seem to have done a lot of research...
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List