Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jan 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
purikura
Trying for More Ears

Question What effect do you think will be seen from changes to WDW operations?

With the lack of ME and EMH, and of course currently a lack of DDP, it seems like a lot of American guests aren't interested in staying on-site currently as they don't see the value in it (this is just from many postings seen over on the Disboards).
I have been wondering myself exactly who these changes really benefit. Does the money saved really benefit Disney that much that it is worth removing these perks, as it seems to have really p-ed off many guests both American and internationally and seems to push many into staying off-site (which surely is a loss for Disney).
Of course it is purely speculative, but realistically I think without good offers or reasonable prices, many will not think it is worth it to stay on-site anymore - especially with the parking charges. I think the combination of Covid & high prices could lead to low occupancy in the on-site resorts over the next year-2 years depending. I think this would be especially true for us Brits if free dining isn't offered.
purikura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I am hoping that as they increase capacity they will bring back DDP and FP.

I know that if I have to reschedule my holiday again into 2022 I will not stay the full 14 days onsite at Disney. Just not worth it anymore, even if DDP and FP is back. I'll probably book 10 days max onsite and probably 4 days at Universal.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I don’t think that the comments made by Americans on Disboard are necessarily an indication of what most people here think. But as with any company, I expect Disney will make adjustments needed to fill their hotel rooms at the highest price the market will bear.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Disney gets most visitors from the US and only a fraction from the UK. The US also love their last minute deals, which Disney will offer at some stage.

People will still book at the higher price, but Disney will purposely put their pricing up, because when they reduce them by 20%-30%, everyone will think they are getting a bargain. Just like Brits think they get a bargain with free dining, but its not really free, especially when you compare against last minute US deals.

The biggest difference this year and next, is that Disney have shutdown several resorts so can flex availability as resorts fill up. In previous years, Disney had to fill all hotels.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think they want low occupancy at the moment. When they want higher occupancy they will do what they need to get it and I think they will easily fill the rooms again.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

My view on it is that the parks are at 35% capacity. For arguments sakes lets say that they only need to fill the hotels 35%.

Will 35% of people still book without any sort of deal?
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
There are always deals on rooms on the US site. I've booked myself at 30% discount on a room only basis. Pretty sure it won't go ahead, but it's 100% refundable. Which is another advantage over booking via UK site.
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I just wonder what colour the sky is in the Disney exec's world? To give you some sort of idea what they are up against:
1 week in Sept this year:
All Stars - £968
CBR - £2000

Sapphire Falls - £816
Royal Pacific - £1131

So even with MM 30% you can get All Stars below SF but SF is technically a higher standard than CBR & RPR is Higher still but still cheaper. You then compare perks- currently you will get DME but come 1st Jan you will get... park entry 30 mins early! RPR - Early entry to Harry Potter & Express passes for the duration of your stay. Plenty of good & reasonable hotels etc offsite for a lot less money. FD has probably allowed a lot of families to only ever stay onsite but from someone who prior to DVC stayed offsite every trip, being offsite when no perks are available does not make for a bad holiday IYKWIM not to mention that you are not then restricted to Disney Dining & their scary prices!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I just wonder what colour the sky is in the Disney exec's world? To give you some sort of idea what they are up against:
1 week in Sept this year:
All Stars - £968
CBR - £2000

Sapphire Falls - £816
Royal Pacific - £1131

So even with MM 30% you can get All Stars below SF but SF is technically a higher standard than CBR & RPR is Higher still but still cheaper. You then compare perks- currently you will get DME but come 1st Jan you will get... park entry 30 mins early! RPR - Early entry to Harry Potter & Express passes for the duration of your stay. Plenty of good & reasonable hotels etc offsite for a lot less money. FD has probably allowed a lot of families to only ever stay onsite but from someone who prior to DVC stayed offsite every trip, being offsite when no perks are available does not make for a bad holiday IYKWIM not to mention that you are not then restricted to Disney Dining & their scary prices!
SD
Yep, if I have to reschedule my August holiday again I will definately spending less time on site at Disney and more time on site at Universal!
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
My view on it is that the parks are at 35% capacity. For arguments sakes lets say that they only need to fill the hotels 35%.

Will 35% of people still book without any sort of deal?
I have in the past booked Disney with and without free dining and we have never used ME or EMH, so essentially no deal. We booked onsite for 60 day fastpasses, to a much lesser extent the 180+10 ADR booking and because it is more convenient as we don’t want to hire a car.

I might pay for a value hotel in the current climate, but not a deluxe. We do currently have a deluxe booked for September but if 60 day fastpasses are not back by then, I think we will go to Universal instead (if we go at all).
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List