Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Aug 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
denthefrog
Excited about Disney

We were moved from POFQ to Saratoga Springs on Saturday, missed the call but they send a email straight after.
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Were you contacted by Disney?

Or did MDE just update with change of resort?
I got a phone call from Disney on Sunday but my phone wouldn't let me answer but they then immediately sent me an email letting me know what the change was and to call them. MDE updated instantly after the phone call and thats where I could see the room type they'd allocated me

I called them yesterday to ask if there was any other options and there wasn't as no other moderate hotels had any availability but he let me know if my trip doesn't go ahead then I can still cancel up until 7 days before and get all my money back!

It was all very efficient!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bibb_bobb_bee
Getting to know the DIBB

We've now been contacted about our 13 nights at CSR, and our 1 night Club Level stay at Beach Club. Interestingly we were contacted about the BC booking first, despite it being the later one.

We've been offered a move to CBR (preferred, same room category as before) from Coronado, and from a 1 bed Club Level Beach Club to a 1 bed at Beach Club Villas.

I'm going to ring and see what other options there may be. The CSR->CBR isn't too bad, though I'll miss the varied dining options.
But if we're not getting Club Level I'm not that fussed about the 1 bedroom side of things at Beach Club (particularly if Stormalong Bay isn't open).

The good news - our 1 night at Pop is still going ahead as planned lol!
bibb_bobb_bee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Real resort update!

Had an email stating wdw U.K. tc has tried to get in touch (they haven’t ?!)
Looked at MDE which now states all stars bookings have been moved to pop.
Kind of my assumption all long-but nice to see😀
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bibb_bobb_bee
Getting to know the DIBB

Able to move from the proposed Beach Club Villa to a Lagoon View at Yacht Club, and saving £128, which would go nicely toward covering our increased food costs due to no Club Level...

Unfortunately, less than an hour later our flight's been cancelled! d'oh!
bibb_bobb_bee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We've been moved from all stars to AOA
can't actually see us going so a bit gutted as its showing as a cars suite on mde which is ds dream room
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
We've been moved from all stars to AOA
can't actually see us going so a bit gutted as its showing as a cars suite on mde which is ds dream room
If it's any consolation I would not be surprised if they delay AoA's opening beyond November. Did you have a family suite booked at the All-Stars?
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were contacted today to have our Beach Club reservation moved to Yacht Club for our December stay.

Dawn
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
If it's any consolation I would not be surprised if they delay AoA's opening beyond November. Did you have a family suite booked at the All-Stars?
no just a standard room - I thought it was a little odd as other people have been moved from all stars to pop but I do prefer AOA so its a better upgrade for us.I'd never pay the stay in the suites and ds is cars mad so it would have been a great upgrade shame its unlikely we'll actually get to go.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
no just a standard room - I thought it was a little odd as other people have been moved from all stars to pop but I do prefer AOA so its a better upgrade for us.I'd never pay the stay in the suites and ds is cars mad so it would have been a great upgrade shame its unlikely we'll actually get to go.
It's a very nice upgrade indeed. I hope you get to go!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List