Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Mar 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Riviera 1 bed tour if anyone's interested.

Riviera 1 bed video tour

I like the room, can't see us staying there as I just don't see the benefit but the room does look really nice.

I actually had no idea it was European themed , stopped reading anything about it as soon as we ruled out waiting for it and added on at CCV instead.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Good find, well done.

The room is very nicely themed I must say. The new pull down bed is as we expected and the engineering of it is excellent.
Love the idea of the cases going under the bed so thats them out of the way.

My thoughts:-
1. Where is the wardrobe/hanging closet? Maybe I missed it
2. Bathroom look awesome - apart from those bronze old fashioned fittings!

Going to be very tight for 5 people but can be done. Have they compromised on space by putting in the walk in shower and a tub? Looks like it to me.

Going to be very saleable and should sell well

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I like the look of the studio, some good design features. We may stay there at some point, just to keep up our record of staying in every WDW DVC resort.
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Looks great, will definitely give it a try for a few nights!
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Thank you for posting Jo. The studio looks amazing. I just love the bed pulling down from the wall over the sofa. Looks like a great improvement and reduction in space notwithstanding it's a great bonus to have an additional shower.

Just not tempted by the location or the changes in the proposition ...

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I am impressed with the rooms, not sure if we'll ever stay there, we completely underuse our BCV points so have said we'll start staying there again in the next few years & I can't see a benefit over that.

I did feel the resale value of BCV dropping as I watched the video though!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 11:18 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

I do love the pull down beds although I do wonder about the longevity of them with people yanking them down and up constantly? Surely there’s more that could go wrong with these than just normal sofa beds.

The decor definitely looks a lot better in the videos than it did in the artist impressions and even the photos of the model rooms. Still can’t see myself staying there though and I still don’t understand the pricing or points cost but hey ho!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The one bedroom looks quite large!

Love the pull down in the studio - really wish Copper Creek had a pull down instead of the sofa.
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Riviera 1 bed video tour

I like the room, can't see us staying there as I just don't see the benefit but the room does look really nice.

I actually had no idea it was European themed , stopped reading anything about it as soon as we ruled out waiting for it and added on at CCV instead.
This is only showing the studio now. Yesterday I was able to view the 1 bed straight after the studio tour. Trying to show my husband but it’s not working. Any ideas? I can’t find anything on FB but I don’t think it was the same person that uploaded them 🤷🏼
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good find this. Credit where it’s due the rooms look to me to be best on property. I’m hoping the SSR refurb will be similar, but the layout of the 1 bed looks brilliant here, I like the extra bed in the 1 bed and the Murphy sofa as we already know is excellent.
I am hopefully going to stay here for 5 nights at Xmas. I’m far from convinced as to location and I’ll be after Standard View as I’m getting low on points with next year’s trip planned as well, so it’ll be a car park view no doubt. I will be booking in 4 days after it opens if I can switch. If I like the location better than expected it will be good, but I still won’t add on there with the resale restrictions unless resale price defies the market and holds up.