Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

WOW that video is amazing, think in future I will put a note inside my case saying - 'you have just been photographed opening my case, if TSA please put your usual note inside, if not your picture will be sent to the airline police' ! They will probably pee in my case if its not the TSA but it might make them think twice in future! Yeah like they will care!
Old 23 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I find it really scary that, in this day and age, this is still able to happen. I mean if someone has time to select, open, search and remove items from a case and stash them somewhere before slipping out of the "secure" area what's to stop someone from putting something inside a case?
Getting out of a secure area I can understand, most staff exit through customs when coming from Airside to Lanside so they are not always checked, as for putting stuff into a case, staff are subjected to the same security as passengers, at LHR this includes full body scans / no more than 100ml liquid etc, so would struggle to get anything airside to put it in the case.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Why would you want to give stuff away by putting it into somebody's bag ?

I get the whole stitch somebody up with drugs thing, but then somebody would have to retrieve them at the other end, which immediately becomes a multinational operation, in which case why use a random passenger as your trafficker?
When I read the post my immediate thought was bombs.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Wow that’s awful!

Definitely worth reporting to the Insurance. I’d also contact the Police (just in case insurance want a crime reference number), and definitely the airport / airline.

They will have cameras behind the scenes in baggage areas, so should have no problem finding out who the thief is
The OP didn’t open cases for five days, so video would probably been wiped and over recorded by now.
Also people working in that area will be very aware where the cameras are.
You also need to know where this happened, at the home or destination airport.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
The OP didn’t open cases for five days, so video would probably been wiped and over recorded by now.
Also people working in that area will be very aware where the cameras are.
You also need to know where this happened, at the home or destination airport.
Not necessarily, most places keep CCTV for several weeks before it’s gotten rid of. It’s still worth an ask. Plus the insurance can investigate from both ends
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We contacted insurance who advised to fill in form with virgin, you have 7 days so in time. Now need to wait 21 days for response. Hope they can at least prove what happened and where.
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List