Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
You are trying to make a scenario such that if there is a spare seat, then it ends up next to you. That isn't being overly selfish.

If somebody is allocated the middle seat you then offer them the seat of their choice from the 3 you have been allocated between you. To me that is quite reasonable as an offer, and quite reasonable of them to accept your offer and have their choice of seat. They get either window or aisle or middle if they so want, and you actually get to sit together.
Said person is also within their rights to plonk in the middle.
But if everyone does this then you have a load of couples sat either side of single travellers or families/groups being unnecessarily separated; and they also then expect to sit next to their other half just because their plan failed.

Whereas some could have been kept together e.g. couple book window+centre leaving aisle free, so someone could have aisle and across the aisle, but leaving centre spaces free is a little selfish and unhelpful IMO on the off-chance it might not be filled.

But each to their own ...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Firstly I am somebody that hasn't travelled as a couple since 2005, when we sat where we were allocated, and I am also the person in the family expected to sit alone if somebody needs to. I am expressing an impartial view, not defending my own actions.

I just don't see how is it any more selfish than booking any other seats anywhere on the aircraft. If I book my family seats when I am allowed to, is that selfish ? If I didn't book seats I would allow somebody else to maybe sit together.
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JaneB
Getting Excited

Thanks GILL H for your helpful comment.
JaneB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Where would you expect them to sit if not in the seat they were assigned?
I would expect them to jump at our offer to sit in either the window or aisle seat, rather than the middle seat.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

Firstly I am somebody that hasn't travelled as a couple since 2005, when we sat where we were allocated, and I am also the person in the family expected to sit alone if somebody needs to. I am expressing an impartial view, not defending my own actions.

I just don't see how is it any more selfish than booking any other seats anywhere on the aircraft. If I book my family seats when I am allowed to, is that selfish ? If I didn't book seats I would allow somebody else to maybe sit together.
What is selfish and childish is this attitude :

Then you have to be adamant that you have to communicate across them
If you roll the dice and lose the “empty middle seat” game, you suck it up, not attempt to punish the person who refused to play your game.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I may be in the minority but PE was awful for me. I am a big lady, and the fact you couldn’t move the armrests meant I felt far more squashed than in Economy.
I was very disappointed the first time I flew PE, the way some people on raved about it I expected much better.
Obviously the pitch is bigger which is why I choose to come home that way, if they change the way the seats move when they recline I will happily travel Economy.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just sit back relax and chill, it's a seat, they all all just seats. It's a flying bus with t.v screens taking you to the best place in the world. Don't sweat the small stuff.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
What is selfish and childish is this attitude :

If you roll the dice and lose the “empty middle seat” game, you suck it up, not attempt to punish the person who refused to play your game.
Yes it is, but it was clearly a flippant comical response.