Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
BT gone down hill? I don't think so.

They have been appalling as long as I can remember.
I’ve had them for over 25 years, from dial up, through broadband.
I can honestly say I’ve not had one iota of any issues with them, the speed has been great and works well.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by red cuillen View Post
BT still had a call centre overseas a few weeks ago when they messed me around on the live chat. And the lady who phoned the following day to do what those just following the script couldn't do was overseas too.
After years of dithering we switched following that debacle.
Agreed that they are probably all them same, and it depends on who you get put through to. The final straw for me was BT resorting to blackmail by saying, "if you want to keep a BT email address" - which we'd had for 20 years, it'll cost £7.50 a month. That was the spur to change, I guess the genuis that came up with that one thought people would stay with them to avoid the hassle.
(That reminds me, must change the email contact I use on the dibb! )
So you stopped paying BT for broadband but wanted to keep using their e-mail for free?
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I know a number of people that tried Virgin and all have moved away again - some to BT and some to other companies. Nothing but bad stories about Virgin.
Yes as I said they were shocking. Seems they’ve spent tons significantly upgrading the network, around me anyway, seems superb at the moment finger’s crossed. I’m getting 550 on my speed tests!
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

If you get the foreign call centre they are c--p but the UK centre is good. Was told that my interweb was slow because I live in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and it rains a lot here. Numpty!
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

I have just had a month long nightmare with BT. Our WiFi has been dropping in and out so they tested the line and said no fault, must be the router (4 years old) we will send you a new one. Only no new one appears. I can see the order on my account but it gets stuck at awaiting dispatch. This has happened 4 times. Had a call with them yesterday and have now actually had a text about delivery from Royal Mail so fingers crossed the new one appears today. We are still to discuss compensation but I will definitely be looking for more than a free month. I work from home 2 days s week and have to connect to the office by VPN and haven't been able to do that at times. Also lost hours of computer simulations which haven't been able to download off of the server in the office. I have raised this issue with them each time I have spoken to them.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
I have just had a month long nightmare with BT. Our WiFi has been dropping in and out so they tested the line and said no fault, must be the router (4 years old) we will send you a new one. Only no new one appears. I can see the order on my account but it gets stuck at awaiting dispatch. This has happened 4 times. Had a call with them yesterday and have now actually had a text about delivery from Royal Mail so fingers crossed the new one appears today. We are still to discuss compensation but I will definitely be looking for more than a free month. I work from home 2 days s week and have to connect to the office by VPN and haven't been able to do that at times. Also lost hours of computer simulations which haven't been able to download off of the server in the office. I have raised this issue with them each time I have spoken to them.
Hi if you like me then the router will not come from RM .Here what happened to me a few days a go I got mini hub though post not RM or Parcel force it was though another I got a email which I looked at on the phone as no internet it says it come Between 12 and 1 which it did . A big load ofb it was so I was expecting new hub though post kept eye out window for postman he came went out said hi postman any parcels no he says sorry I was so angry that I got on the phone again 10 time in 3 days after a hour waiting I got though but the person could not see my Oerter they found it and said moot not combing by Royal Mail comeing by parcel force game me my ref checked on the phone and yes it was due to me at 1 to 2 pm which it came but the amought of time it took what a shambles.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
You not going to be leave this

Got up this morning no phone no internet nothing so I called them via mobile after 20 minutes they said there a problem with your the main box. This is 5 minutes from me I can see it from my window so I,looked out window and there a open tec van there. I go out asked if they fixing my bb and phone told them my address and they said yes so came home 4 hours I look out the vans gone still no internet or phone so call them again oh says the bloke they fix it on Monday but I say they where here a while ago he say they fix it on Monday I said right if I want to leave how much He then says you under contract so it be a lot . I hung up on mobile son then guss what another openntec van same box I go out and asked can you fix my internet and phone there 3 men there and they say we doing ber street not yours you need to speak to bt I say i have. We still can not fix it they say what theb@#&* they there same box same problem they could fix it there and then just wait until Monday I got a lot to say to the complaints depament
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lancer01
Proud to wear my Ears

Engineers can only fix the line they have been sent to work on by the control. They are working for the service providers i.e. Talk Talk, Sky etc etc. They are not allowed to work on other customers lines as they could then miss an appointment for one of the other 400 service providers later in the day. Also different engineers have different skill sets i.e broadband or underground jointing etc etc and so may not be the best person to fix your fault.
As for the call centers coming back to the UK. Some have but a lot of the technical support for the engineers has now moved offshore and this brings its own set of problems.
Lancer01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Another day with out full Bb or phone found out today most of those where I live have no BB OR PHONE all so BT lied 🤥 to me they said be out on Monday but no should be Tuesday oh well find what compstion I get on Thursday not my idea bloke spoke to said should get something .
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Compensation will be due if you experience a total loss of service which isn’t fixed by 11.59pm on the second working day after the fault is reported
We'll pay you £8 for each day, after the two working days, that the service isn't fixed
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List