Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lell View Post
Sounds like you had another fab trip. Shame about the hotel and flight home, I would have been stressed at that, I hate being late for anything so the prospect of rushing for a flight is my worst nightmare.
When we were in Las Vegas in February, there were loads of beggars. Some genuinely looked penniless, no shoes etc but there were others begging with the latest brand new trainers on and there was one girl we seen each day that was begging but had managed to put full makeup on and hair looking perfect each day.
Funny you should say that but on our last day we followed a woman up the strip pushing a wheelchair, she wasn't struggling or anything and it was a really hot day ... She gets near the Bellagio plonks herself in the wheelchair and holds a sign saying disabled need money blah blah...

We've been told many times there are career beggars who make a very good living on the strip..

I hate being late too.. everything was just so rushed, I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't call me? I mean not everyone can access emails on holiday..
I am just thankful that we didn't go to Universal Studio's like we orginally planned or travelled in from Phoenix like we have on previous years on the last day as we wouldn't have made it...
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I forgot some highs

Seven magic mountains in Vegas , basically 7 colourful rock piles in the desert so glad we saw them . They are only there till the end of the this year .

Kiss crazy golf . It was fun before but it's bigger and better now it's at the Rio

New park area near the T mobile arena .. lovely area with a few bars and places to eat etc , nice to wander around

And a low
Fremont street ! I don't know why I do it too myself 😂😂 it gets worse by the year , thinks like the golden nugget are nice too see , but it's a freak show ! First thing we saw was a topless woman in her 50s posing as a nurse ! Though there was some debate as to whether is was a man or woman !

Edited at 01:33 AM.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

Good to hear you enjoyed Huntington Beach, we staying here on our first night, any tip?
Carolynne
Old 30 Mar 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Poor show from Hilton and Bloody Awful. Thanks for warnings re increased begging activity in LV as we are going there shortly. Have you claimed your 600 euro per person under EU 261 for the late cancellation?
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by carolynne67 View Post
Good to hear you enjoyed Huntington Beach, we staying here on our first night, any tip?
Carolynne
It's just a really nice place we wandered around and it felt very safe . Didn't see any of the "weirdos " that you do in the likes of Santa Monica etc .
Lots of very nice cafe type places to eat .

Originally Posted by amf View Post
Poor show from Hilton and Bloody Awful. Thanks for warnings re increased begging activity in LV as we are going there shortly. Have you claimed your 600 euro per person under EU 261 for the late cancellation?

Nope not thought about claiming tbh , they still got us home , I just wish we had had more notice , I'm still waiting to hear why they didn't ds or text . Emailing doesn't seem the best idea to me when not everyone checks emails .

I think the Hilton know they've cocked up , they've sent me a voucher for a night free in a Hilton garden inn but I've told them I don't want it, there's only 4 in the U.K. None of which are any use to me . Apparently it's all they offer as compensation but we will see .
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
INope not thought about claiming tbh , they still got us home , I just wish we had had more notice , I'm still waiting to hear why they didn't ds or text . Emailing doesn't seem the best idea to me when not everyone checks emails .

I think the Hilton know they've cocked up , they've sent me a voucher for a night free in a Hilton garden inn but I've told them I don't want it, there's only 4 in the U.K. None of which are any use to me . Apparently it's all they offer as compensation but we will see .
Just realised that EU261 compo not due as you accepted alternative flight which departed less than 1 hour and arrived less than 2 hours after original scheduled times. Sorry, I misread OP.

Good on you for continuing to chase Hilton. I hope that they will be sensible. Good luck ☺️
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Glad there were more highs than lows, but some of those lows are like eek ! What the !? So Pleased you got it all worked out. How did you keep your cool ? My hubby would have blown a fuse ...

It such a shame about the homeless issue, my heart really breaks for people who have fallen on desperate times and it really angers me that others take advantage of real desperation by trying to dupe people. Shameful.

I really want to see Vegas but the more I read the more I worry it will be like our time in Hollywood ...

Overall sounds like another action packed adventure. So roll on the next on e ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by amf View Post
Just realised that EU261 compo not due as you accepted alternative flight which departed less than 1 hour and arrived less than 2 hours after original scheduled times. Sorry, I misread OP.

Good on you for continuing to chase Hilton. I hope that they will be sensible. Good luck ☺️
I didn't accept a flight as such they just put us on one 3 .5hrs earlier than our proper flight .. would have been much better to have put us on the 7.30pm only 2 hrs earlier and would have given us more time . I was just annoyed they didn't ring me .. it was pure luck I saw the email or we would have missed it .
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Glad there were more highs than lows, but some of those lows are like eek ! What the !? So Pleased you got it all worked out. How did you keep your cool ? My hubby would have blown a fuse ...

It such a shame about the homeless issue, my heart really breaks for people who have fallen on desperate times and it really angers me that others take advantage of real desperation by trying to dupe people. Shameful.

I really want to see Vegas but the more I read the more I worry it will be like our time in Hollywood ...

Overall sounds like another action packed adventure. So roll on the next on e ...
I'm not known for keeping cool even my husband was getting wound up at the hotel and airport and that's not like him .

Vegas is so much nicer than Hollywood , it's got its issues and crime but I don't feel unsafe there at all . I probably see more of the homeless than most tourists because most live around downtown and the areas past that which I pass a lot because we go to the racetrack .
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Funny you should say that but on our last day we followed a woman up the strip pushing a wheelchair, she wasn't struggling or anything and it was a really hot day ... She gets near the Bellagio plonks herself in the wheelchair and holds a sign saying disabled need money blah blah...

We've been told many times there are career beggars who make a very good living on the strip..

I hate being late too.. everything was just so rushed, I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't call me? I mean not everyone can access emails on holiday..
I am just thankful that we didn't go to Universal Studio's like we orginally planned or travelled in from Phoenix like we have on previous years on the last day as we wouldn't have made it...
That's just awful. I feel for the people that are genuinely homeless and have fallen on hard times but it's getting to the stage you don't know who are genuine and who are at it.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List