Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane35
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
So which hotel will you be staying at Jane35? I guess you are staying on the strip? I seem to remember your post a while back about Hotwire. Did you get booked up? My advice is given based on you staying on strip

The Flamingo is definitely charging for parking now as is CP so there are very few that don't charge. You would need one near your hotel to benefit from using this to avoid overnight parking charges.

If you use the Uber estimator on the app it gives you prices so you can price up your journeys and maybe work out what works best for you.

We are there in May again for 10 nights and unless we go away for a day or two will just use Uber/Lyft for our short journeys.
Hi Jos
We go on the the 9th May for 7 nights. We are staying at the Elara for 5 nights then the Bellagio the last 2.
We are booking a grand canyon trip so don't need a car for that.
We are going to fremont St and Walmart and maybe outlets.
Im thinking we might not bother with the car.
Can I ask if you have the app on your phone can you get internet at the airport when you arrive?
Also do you sign up in the UK for these websites ?

Thanks
Jane
Jane35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jane35 View Post
Hi Jos
We go on the the 9th May for 7 nights. We are staying at the Elara for 5 nights then the Bellagio the last 2.
We are booking a grand canyon trip so don't need a car for that.
We are going to fremont St and Walmart and maybe outlets.
Im thinking we might not bother with the car.
Can I ask if you have the app on your phone can you get internet at the airport when you arrive?
Also do you sign up in the UK for these websites ?

Thanks
Jane
Hiya Jane,
What a coincidence. That is when we go. We are there 10 nights. You have chosen 2 gorgeous hotels. Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on Elara. I have had a look around a suite but not stayed there. Thinking of there for Jan/Feb.
Yes you can get wifi at the airport and most strip hotels, free. You can download the apps in the UK. You obviously then have to sign up. If you dont know anything about Uber do a search on here. If not let me know and I will tell you. I was a bit scared at first but it worked great. Then if you search on google for "Uber codes Vegas" you will get various ones to try. We got a $50... but only $5 off each ride for 10 rides which worked best for us as we did a few rides between us. Dont add this to your account until maybe a week before you go as you only have so long to use it. On the strip there are loads of Lyft guys handing out codes which you can enter in Vegas, or do a google search. You may find a code that suits you better but bear in mind a journey is only about $10 from the airport and you cant bank any extra credit you dont use on a single code deal. Does that make sense? We used both, and both were great. Let me know if you want any more info
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

May help you decide. I did a quick check on Uber estimator and from Bellagio to Walmart on Tropicana it would be between $9-12 and Bellagio to Fremont St between $9-12 and airport $13. They give you a definite price when you phone and accept the ride. Elara is only a stones throw away so will be about the same.

uberestimate/

Edited at 10:21 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Hiya Jane,
What a coincidence. That is when we go. We are there 10 nights.
Looks like there will be a few Dibbers in Las Vegas at the same time, we go on the 10th for 5 nights staying at Caesar's. Been following this thread, we have hired a car for three nights, going to drive to the Hoover Dam and Red Rock, but will download the apps to get from the airport

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TracyW View Post
Looks like there will be a few Dibbers in Las Vegas at the same time, we go on the 10th for 5 nights staying at Caesar's. Been following this thread, we have hired a car for three nights, going to drive to the Hoover Dam and Red Rock, but will download the apps to get from the airport
Hiya Tracy

Wow Caesars how lovely. I often sit in there and think you could eat your dinner off this floor its so shiny and clean. Its gorgeous. Dont think I will post where we may be staying for our first 2 nights
We especially loved Red Rock, are you going anywhere else? How much is parking at Caesars now? Think its about $14 is it? Undecided whether to get a car for 1-2 days to go to Death Valley or Mount Charleston or somewhere.
Old 21 Apr 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hello Jane, Tracy & Jo 👋 I did a search as I'm wondering exactly the same and up popped this thread! We are too staying at the Elara flying out on the 11th!
Want to do hoover dam and the Grand Canyon (which is proving a difficult choice as I'm not interested in the skywalk but hubby doesn't fancy the long drive to the south rim :/)
Can't decide whether to book a tour or have a car for a couple of days so we can do the outlets and maybe other places too.
Jane - what tours were you looking at?

Oct 05 Regal Palms @ Highlands Reserve Villa
May 07 Dibb Owner villa on Highlands Reserve
July 2010 Dibb owner villa on High Grove
July 2015 Ft Lauderdale, Saratoga Springs Resort &. Dibb villa on High Grove
tracie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

May help you decide. I did a quick check on Uber estimator and from Bellagio to Walmart on Tropicana it would be between $9-12 and Bellagio to Fremont St between $9-12 and airport $13. They give you a definite price when you phone and accept the ride. Elara is only a stones throw away so will be about the same.

uberestimate/
Jo - just used your link to price up airport to hotel- do you know what the difference is in the cars? Pool, X etc? x

Oct 05 Regal Palms @ Highlands Reserve Villa
May 07 Dibb Owner villa on Highlands Reserve
July 2010 Dibb owner villa on High Grove
July 2015 Ft Lauderdale, Saratoga Springs Resort &. Dibb villa on High Grove
tracie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracie View Post
Jo - just used your link to price up airport to hotel- do you know what the difference is in the cars? Pool, X etc? x
Hi Tracie, another dibber going at the same time, that's great. Will answer this first. The share you share with other passengers. Über X is a regular saloon type car and is it XL next I think..Thats a SUV type of thing. How many in your party? When we came from airport we had to have XL as we were 4 adults with our luggage. For regular journeys for 4 of us über X was fine. Hope this helps.
Old 21 Apr 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracie View Post
Hello Jane, Tracy & Jo 👋 I did a search as I'm wondering exactly the same and up popped this thread! We are too staying at the Elara flying out on the 11th!
Want to do hoover dam and the Grand Canyon (which is proving a difficult choice as I'm not interested in the skywalk but hubby doesn't fancy the long drive to the south rim :/)
Can't decide whether to book a tour or have a car for a couple of days so we can do the outlets and maybe other places too.
Jane - what tours were you looking at?
Tracie you will love Elara. We only went to south rim of GC and it was something I will never ever forget. Check out Travelzoo/Groupon for tours. I know it's a long day starting at about 6.00am but worth it... well we thought so anyway. We might get a car ...not for shopping...maybe Death Valley. Is this your first time and how long are you there? We stayed overnight at GC. Red Rock Canyon is worth a look if you can't stretch to the GC.
Old 21 Apr 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Hiya Tracy

Wow Caesars how lovely. I often sit in there and think you could eat your dinner off this floor its so shiny and clean. Its gorgeous. Dont think I will post where we may be staying for our first 2 nights
We especially loved Red Rock, are you going anywhere else? How much is parking at Caesars now? Think its about $14 is it? Undecided whether to get a car for 1-2 days to go to Death Valley or Mount Charleston or somewhere.
It's one of those "once in a lifetime" trips we have 5 nights in Las Vegas, 7 nights in Hawaii, and 4 in Anaheim. We are toying with the idea of a trip to the Grand Canyon, West rim, just so we can see a little bit of it! Also valley of fire.
Parking at Caesar's is $10, they have just introduced it! Only have the car for three days though, so not too bad.

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List