Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Oct 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
Neither... we loved the Lombard St Marina District. FW was too touristy and tacky whilst Union Sq is slap bang in the middle of the city.
We found Lombard St perfect, walking distance to FW and Palace of fine arts with loads of restaurants and shops just one block behind LS. Wouldn't think twice about staying there again.
Thank you
Where did you stay
Old 28 Oct 17, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
That's an amazing price! Did you book it far in advance? I'm not precious about staying in FW I'm just trying to make it as easy as poss as we r only there for 2 full days!I wouldn't mind a 30min walk.
I will price this now
I originally booked the Coventry Inn on 27th April for £427 on a cancellation rate and kept checking the rate and got a £30 refund with the price guarantee they offer. However I was checking the prices on the 9th October and the Chelsea Inn was advertised on ebookers for £389 with 13% cashback of £50.
It seems that when there is only one or two room left at a hotel they offer a good discount. It’s just a case of checking all the time. I have price alerts set up for the hotels that I am interested in.
I’ve just got another £37 refunded today for our San Diego hotel😀
sparkles18 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
I originally booked the Coventry Inn on 27th April for £427 on a cancellation rate and kept checking the rate and got a £30 refund with the price guarantee they offer. However I was checking the prices on the 9th October and the Chelsea Inn was advertised on ebookers for £389 with 13% cashback of £50.
It seems that when there is only one or two room left at a hotel they offer a good discount. It’s just a case of checking all the time. I have price alerts set up for the hotels that I am interested in.
I’ve just got another £37 refunded today for our San Diego hotel😀
We are not going until July so I'm hoping the nearer it gets the cheaper it will be! I'm just trying to secure places in case it works out that prices go sky high. I constantly moniter but didn't know you could set alerts up (which would be far easier) who do you do that with?
Will you let me know your thoughts on SD hotel as this is another exp place? And if you don't mind the cost...
Thank you for taking the time to respond esp as you are on holiday

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely book hotels now but on a free cancellation rate so you can monitor prices. Our Santa Barbara, Palm Springs and LA hotels have only increased in price since I first booked them.

In the end I have booked every hotel with ebookers through topcashback with between 10 & 13% cashback. I also joined their bonus+ reward scheme where you get additional cash to put towards your next stay.

I did price alerts on tripadvisor and on hotels.com there was a picture of pair of glasses link which meant you could watch the prices.

On the recommendation of many Dibbers we are staying at the Best Western Plus Island Palms on Shelter Island. This was the first hotel I booked in April and for 3 nights I paid £286.33 but had £33.39 bonus+ money to put towards it which brought the price down to £252.94. Just had a refund of £37.33 so now £215.61 minus 10% cashback of £21.56 so hopefully the 3 nights will cost £194.05😀

I have been checking hotel prices nearly every week since we booked the flight in March and it has definitely paid off. Not sure what I’m going to do when we get home with all my free time😀
sparkles18 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I would definitely book hotels now but on a free cancellation rate so you can monitor prices. Our Santa Barbara, Palm Springs and LA hotels have only increased in price since I first booked them.

In the end I have booked every hotel with ebookers through topcashback with between 10 & 13% cashback. I also joined their bonus+ reward scheme where you get additional cash to put towards your next stay.

I did price alerts on tripadvisor and on hotels.com there was a picture of pair of glasses link which meant you could watch the prices.

On the recommendation of many Dibbers we are staying at the Best Western Plus Island Palms on Shelter Island. This was the first hotel I booked in April and for 3 nights I paid £286.33 but had £33.39 bonus+ money to put towards it which brought the price down to £252.94. Just had a refund of £37.33 so now £215.61 minus 10% cashback of £21.56 so hopefully the 3 nights will cost £194.05😀

I have been checking hotel prices nearly every week since we booked the flight in March and it has definitely paid off. Not sure what I’m going to do when we get home with all my free time😀
Off now to set up price alerts thank you.
I love ebookers for the extra money they give you. I have cancellable deals so will monitor.
That's a fab price for SD I wonder I mine is exp as it's summer of it's so far away? Hope your having an amazing time...
Free time? Nah just book another one

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re having a great time, the weather is amazing. We’re cooking in the 100 degree heat in Palm Springs around the pool. We were supposed to be hiking in the Joshua Tree NP but it’s just too hot. They have been having a heatwave all week but it is cooling down from Monday.
Old 28 Oct 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

We’re having a great time, the weather is amazing. We’re cooking in the 100 degree heat in Palm Springs around the pool. We were supposed to be hiking in the Joshua Tree NP but it’s just too hot. They have been having a heatwave all week but it is cooling down from Monday.
Sounds amazing... where has been your fave part(tricky I know)
Old 8 Nov 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Sounds amazing... where has been your fave part(tricky I know)
Sorry for the delay in replying. Back home now and struggling with the cold, jet lag and the West Coast blues

San Francisco is our favourite but we all fell in love with Santa Barbara and wished we had more time there. We would definitely go back there.
Hope your plans are coming together.
Old 10 Nov 17, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Sorry for the delay in replying. Back home now and struggling with the cold, jet lag and the West Coast blues

San Francisco is our favourite but we all fell in love with Santa Barbara and wished we had more time there. We would definitely go back there.
Hope your plans are coming together.
Aww it's horrible coming home
SB is a place I've not really looked at tbh - why did us like it so much? Where did you stay in LA?
Old 11 Nov 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Tweety1, we got back last night and stayed at the HolidayInn Express on FW. Only booked a couple of weeks before and paid £350 for 3 nights bed and breakfast, hopefully £30 cashback but never guaranteed. Might have been an "off season" rate as it does seem a lot more expensive in July.

Yes FW is a bit touristy but it was ideal for us, easy transfer from the airport via BART train and the F streetcar which terminates a block from the hotel, about a 5 min walk.

We hired a car at the end of our stay and the Avis office was also a 5 min walk from the hotel. Parking at the hotel was $51 a night so made sense not to have a car in SF, although we did drive down Lombard St. on our way out.

Edited at 01:31 PM.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List