Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Sep 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball18 View Post
As a serving officer I can genuinely say it’s not like this! Many of my colleagues have scoffed at the programme and thought it was a spoof!

It’s made for tv, it’s entertaining and it’s enjoyable. Had to watch it without thinking of my police brain though!
I watched the 2nd series of Broadchurch after doing a law qualification and the factual accuracy of the court room scenes and witnesses giving evidence was so far removed from the reality it spoilt the programme for me!

If you do happen to have a colleague that's like David Budd then please let me know
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball18 View Post
As a serving officer I can genuinely say it’s not like this! Many of my colleagues have scoffed at the programme and thought it was a spoof!

It’s made for tv, it’s entertaining and it’s enjoyable. Had to watch it without thinking of my police brain though!
I think this is the same for most dramas, as a nurse DH will happily tell anyone about me correcting things, the thing that puzzles me is that they usually have people consulting - who are these people?

When DD was at uni she wrote a script and consulted with me on a medical scene, I told her what would happen but was over ruled by her tutor who suggested she changed it to something that absolutely would never happen.

Guess the facts just aren't entertaining enough!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I watched the 2nd series of Broadchurch after doing a law qualification and the factual accuracy of the court room scenes and witnesses giving evidence was so far removed from the reality it spoilt the programme for me!

If you do happen to have a colleague that's like David Budd then please let me know
Leave it with me! 😉
Snowball18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List