Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 May 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile L.A.S Vegas four times - Day 7 - Last day and travelling home :-(

Travel day boooo.

Woke up around 9ish for the last time in the super comfy cloud bed... we got ready pretty quickly having a quick shower and finished up with the packing. :-(

I really wanted to go to miracle mile shops today for bath and body works however my feet hurt so badly I had no chance of making it. When disappointed there is only one thing for it right? FOOD! So we made our last journey out of Ballys via the cashiers desk to get rid of our bits of change and a quick stop in CVS for chocolate we can't possibly leave America without. The plan was for Hexx or Alexxas but when we got there we were told a wait of 45 minutes. I put our name down and we went up to beer park just above for a drink.

Once at beer park we decided just to eat there as Cruz our guide from the Grand Canyon had said the food was great and with us being on a time limit for the airport we all felt more comfortable. Beer park is a really fun place - the tables have got various games on and we were gifted with cards against humanity which is always a giggle.

We all ordered - a white wine for me, bud light for Tom and Neil and a peach beer I think for Liv. We then all chose food - me and Tom split a chicken b.l.a.t and a cajun turkey sandwich with some garlic parmesan fries.

Toms meal was far nicer than mine. I didn't really get the cajun turkey and I wasn't keen on the swiss cheese. Oh well! The fries however were amazing served with some sort of garlic baconnaise - oh yes!

We caught our last fountain show of the holiday which was nice although wasnt sure tje song as there was a DJ on at beer park. The DJ was great actually as he could also play guitar and wandered around occasionally playing. All in all I'd definitely return to Beer Park for drinks if nothing else. Mine and Toms bill was around $75 with tip which did seem quite pricey for what we had!

We left Beer Park and wandered back through Paris. I usually feel really sad however I have to admit this time I am very much ready for home. I think mainly due to the pain my feet are giving me and also I miss my kitten Cosmo! I've also really enjoyed going on holiday with another couple but it will be really nice to have some time alone the two of us. I've loved Vegas and definitely will be back but I think it may be a bit longer gap between our next visit - mainly because we've got Orlando booked for later this year and can't afford it haha! We also both said we feel we have done a lot of our big main reasons to go back this time.

Anyway on with the day... we went back up to the room to grab the bags and met our friends to give them a key to collect theirs.

Always one not to waste money we picked up a beer each with our breakfast credit before checking out. The booths were easy and quick to use and our bill was quickly settled.

Off out to where we catch an uber from and wow he was the most miserable uber driver of the trip! He moaned we hadnt seen him but we had all 4 of our cases and there was loads of buses so I wasnt going hunting down the road! He then huffed at helping with the cases even though this was only out ot courtesy so as not to knock his paintwork! He then didn't say a single word other than asking us which airline so he knew the terninal. Pfft. Tom then for some reason gave a $10 tip! I was really annoyed at him for this if truth be told as poor Cruz earlier in the week got a measley $5 off Tom and there this bloke was with a tip nearly as large as the price of the uber!

Onward through the airport with very little queues or issues. Toms bag did get stopped for a very thorough check on his cheetos for some reason! Next stop was the shops and bar before using the last $30 cash we had on the airport slots with no joy. Ahh well - will have to go to work on monday afterall!

Boarded at 3.25 and again nice and easy. My goodness the difference extra legroom makes. I felt like I was on a different plane. I am upset at having to pay £160 for 2 upgraded seats however my health and comfort is probably worth it. We were slightly delayed due to air pressure being too low in a tire. After some wait on tarmac it was announced it was because one wheel was in the sun and the other wasn't! O...k...

Finally took off and got the usual menu delivery and drink with pretzels although we weren't given our pretzels.

We sat smelling everyone elses around us but didnt want to ask and look like we were trying to get 2nds to those around us! Quite weird the things we bother about strangers possibly thinking about us isn't it! I sipped on my gin and tonic and a sparkling water - must keep hydrated now hey!

Next up was the main meal. I wasnt hugely fussed on any choice but its a long flight so I went for the chicken curry thing. It looked horrible but tasted ok thankfully.

The dessert was lovely however - some sort of cake with almost a cheesecake icing and caramel. Very pleasant. I'd enjoyed all this with a few episodes of friends and then decided to type all this up on my phone whilst watching the nutcracker. I am so tired but sleeping on planes is near impossible!

I got wifi but obviously most people are asleep so a bit of a nice time to catch up with Facebook and the dibb I recon.

Everyone else on the flight seemed to sleep but me which was just horrible. I was so thirsty and pressed the call button but nobody came. Tom was flat out and I couldnt wake him up to get passed him.

Not long before landing and they came round with a soggy cheest croissant and juice or coffee and a yogurt with a cereal bar which I havent tried yet as I wasnt very hungry.

Landing was fine and we got off the plane nice and quick. Sadly we were at the farthest gate and it took a good 7 to 10 mins to wall to border control which with my poor swollen feet was just awful! Got through quickly with no lines and picked up baggage. Ours was pretty much last lol! Went outside and Neils dad was waiting for them so we stood saying our goodbyes and then had a call from my parents who had been diverted to a further away carpark you guesses it miles away! (It wasnt that far but with my feet the 10 mins felt like ages!)

So that was that... back on home soil. Got home quite quickly and said hello to Cosmo and Alfie who was a bit sulky but I'm sure will forgive us soon. Challenge to stay awake until 8pm was hard - by that time I'd been awake 28 hours and slept extremely well until 11am on the monday!

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. I thought only fair I should write one given how many I read and enjoy of other peoples! I hope if you are thinking of booking a trip to Vegas that my report has pursuaded you to get it booked!

Future plans are our Orlando trip in September so may look to do a pre trippie for that soon. Watch this space xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for reading :-) I've enjoyed doing it minus the photo uploads which seemed to take forever lol!

Not suffered it before to be honest... in Florida I had a bit due to the heat but nothing like what I had in Vegas. I suffer plantar fasciitis so don't know if it was a mix of that and the heat and drinking etc but it was really bad. All fine now though :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

I hope you have such a good time! Very jealous! Yeah definitely make it clear... we tried to before we went and we did say we'd spend time apart but I just wished we'd had a morning or so or a meal out just us 2 as its still your holiday with your partner as well as friends isn't it. Hope you have an amazing time :-) x
Old 31 May 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Loved following your reports, and you’ve given me loads of ideas for our next trip - thank you!

Beer Park looks great but have to agree that sounds pricy for what you had.

I’m still smarting from the cost of two beers in Cabo Wabo
Old 31 May 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Loved following your reports, and you’ve given me loads of ideas for our next trip - thank you!

Beer Park looks great but have to agree that sounds pricy for what you had.

I’m still smarting from the cost of two beers in Cabo Wabo
Ahh thanks for reading :-) Glad to have given ideas and I have quite enjoyed writing it minus uploading it lol!

Cabo Wabo is on my list definitely - was it really that bad?

Beer park had such a good atmosphere I would definitely recommend x
Old 31 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
We have been away a few times with them, usually to Mexico or Key West

Tbh I like my own space, so I make it very clear we will have a day or 2 on our own.

What does tick me off a bit, is that when we go for dinner we split the bill, but the other couple always have a starter or pudding, and a bottle of wine
We never do, I just like a main, maybe a cocktail if I have room

But we have never said, so its an uncomfortable subject now 🤣

Its really expensive sometimes, especially if all I’ve had is clam chowder 🙃
Oh god yeah! Have to watch that... horrid when you've either had very little or when you've gone for something cheaper on purpose! We were very lucky with that on our trip - all very fair and all of us quick to say when we had ordered more expensive etc.
Never too late to say something!x
Old 31 May 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

Really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for taking the time to write it, we are going to Vegas for the 3rd time at the end of September so it's great to read about it and add things to my to do list! We have just come back from Disney so need to write a trip report 😀
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rockycat View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for taking the time to write it, we are going to Vegas for the 3rd time at the end of September so it's great to read about it and add things to my to do list! We have just come back from Disney so need to write a trip report 😀
Thanks for reading :-) I wrote some of it on the plane home to keep me occupied and time flew excuse the pun lol! Very jealous of your Vegas trip - have an amazing time and defo get writing a trippie x
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Ahh thanks for reading :-) Glad to have given ideas and I have quite enjoyed writing it minus uploading it lol!

Cabo Wabo is on my list definitely - was it really that bad?

Beer park had such a good atmosphere I would definitely recommend x
It was $32 for two beers

So the menu said $8 or 9 (I forget which) for a beer so for two beers I had $20 max in my head. The bill then said 32. When I politely enquired why it was over 50% more than the menu price, the server explained we’d been given a large beer which costs more?!

I wasn’t impressed and won’t return.
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It was $32 for two beers

So the menu said $8 or 9 (I forget which) for a beer so for two beers I had $20 max in my head. The bill then said 32. When I politely enquired why it was over 50% more than the menu price, the server explained we’d been given a large beer which costs more?!

I wasn’t impressed and won’t return.
Oh my god! Plus tip expected on top of course! Thats madness. My personal worst drink surprise was 2 cans of sugar free redbull with no glasses or ice etc and we weren't seated and it was $20! Shocking x