Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer91
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Miller and carter bad service

So I’ve got a booking tomorrow evening to go to our local Miller and Carter.

It’s for my dads birthday and thought I’d treat him.

I’ve just had an email saying my booking has cancelled. Less than 24 hours before my meal.

Is it just me that thinks it’s terrible service? I’ve tried to call the restaurant but can’t get through, will try again tomorrow.

New account
Disneydreamer91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

All depends why they’ve cancelled... could be a problem with the kitchens...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

That’s not good - never had anything like that with our local M&C. Keep trying to get through and tell them how disappointed you are.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer91
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I wouldn’t mind if there was a reason, but I literally got a cancellation email auto reply, as if you were to cancel a booking via open table.

I’ve tweeted them and head office isn’t sure why it’s cancelled so I don’t think it’s a problem with the restaurant itself but could be wrong.

New account
Disneydreamer91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

We once had a problem with them when there was an issue with their kitchen. This was Boxing Day so couldn’t get in anywhere else, and didn’t find out until the day. Luckily for us my mom massively over buys so we knocked up a buffet and probably had a better time.

We visited this year for Valentines weekend. A family of four came in just after us and one gentleman was blind/visually impaired with a guide dog. This family was put on the table next to us and for the entire duration of us eating our main meal the guide dog sat facing us watching every mouthful of steak we ate. The family were definitely in the wrong and should have told the dog to lie down or faced him/her to their table. It completely put us off going back there. I 100% appreciate guide dogs are part of every day life but I also think the staff should have come over to let us know they were putting the family there, for all they knew I could have been scared of dogs or had an allergy, the tables were so close I could have reached the dog without over stretching my arm.

Hope I don’t get flamed for the above, just my most recent experience at Miller and Carter.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I go to M&C fairly regularly as I get shareholder vouchers which are 20% off. I haven’t had a bad experience and I have been in a fair few!
Incidentally, it is worth buying some shares for the vouchers if you are a regular - we get 12 every year - no blackout dates at all, use them for up to 10 people at a time, 20% off total bill. (Shares are Mitchell and Butler, and they also work in Vintage Inns and range if other places)..
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Doesn’t surprise me I’ve never had a good experience at a Miller and Carter
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I wouldn't say it's terrible service as there must be a particular reason. I can't imagine a restaurant would cancel bookings lightly.
Have you tried rebooking?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
We once had a problem with them when there was an issue with their kitchen. This was Boxing Day so couldn’t get in anywhere else, and didn’t find out until the day. Luckily for us my mom massively over buys so we knocked up a buffet and probably had a better time.

We visited this year for Valentines weekend. A family of four came in just after us and one gentleman was blind/visually impaired with a guide dog. This family was put on the table next to us and for the entire duration of us eating our main meal the guide dog sat facing us watching every mouthful of steak we ate. The family were definitely in the wrong and should have told the dog to lie down or faced him/her to their table. It completely put us off going back there. I 100% appreciate guide dogs are part of every day life but I also think the staff should have come over to let us know they were putting the family there, for all they knew I could have been scared of dogs or had an allergy, the tables were so close I could have reached the dog without over stretching my arm.

Hope I don’t get flamed for the above, just my most recent experience at Miller and Carter.
That's very unusual for a trained guide dog. That behaviour wouldn't normally happen. My son has a visual impairment and we meet a lot of guide dogs through a charity we are in , none of them would do this!
Don't think it would stop me returning though if I had enjoyed the food as it's unlikely to occur again!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We had an OK meal at the Cardiff one, but the service was a bit clueless.

For context, both of us have bodies that are more Baymax than Baywatch...

Our server led me to a table rather than a booth (good, I hate booths, can't fit in them) but then said "You'll be fine here, these chairs are very sturdy."

No tip for you!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List