Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 09, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
No problem. I will let you know on Saturday.
G
Aw, thanks so much, you're an angel!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Mazzy,
Not a lot of brochures but there is a booklet entitled 101 things to do in San Diego, I will get you a copy. Plus I am going down the gaslight area tomorrow I will keep my eyes peeled for other stuff.

PS Its lovely here (just as I remembered!)
Oh thanks so much, the book sounds great! Glad the city is just as lovely as you remembered it, hope you enjoy the rest of your time there.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Oh that's brilliant you've found more brochures, thanks so much! I'll PM you my address.

I've heard about the trolley tour, did you enjoy it? I will have to check out the Marriott Marina now, lol!

Ah yes, I'd heard about the mist, it's known as the June Gloom apparently, and it's only May!

What are the temps like? Earthquake! Sounds like you're a heavy sleeper!

I'm just popping to school, will catch up later! I'm not jealous, sitting here watching the rain pour down!

Mazzy,
My earlier report was inaccurate, I have found many brochures by the lifts. I have secured various ones for you and if you PM me an address I will send them on. Probably after the Bank Holiday though. Went on a 2 hr Trolley bus tour yesterday and down the gaslight quarter. The Marriott Marina hotel is stunning! Misty early on but then that burns off - I love this place!

Earthquake yesteday
(4.5) but I didnt hear or feel a thing!

Regards
G

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 18 May 09, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Wow, sounds like you got a lot done! What is a Tailgate Party?
A tailgate party is what Americans do before their football matches.

You pack up the car with chairs BBQ food and drink drive to the football grounds car park and park Then you sit in your chairs at the back of your car and eat and drink. Hundreds of people do this and mingle share food and drink. Radio stations play music and there will be free samples of food supplied. people dance some on the roofs of their cars.

Then you go into the ground and watch the game!

Not like here at all!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie28 View Post

You pack up the car with chairs BBQ food and drink drive to the football grounds car park and park Then you sit in your chairs at the back of your car and eat and drink. Hundreds of people do this and mingle share food and drink. Radio stations play music and there will be free samples of food supplied. people dance some on the roofs of their cars.

Not like here at all!
The very first American Football game I attended (back in September '89, what was then the LA Rams at Anaheim Stadium) we arrived in the car park only 7 hours after we'd landed. Our first ever visit to America.

We walked through this massive car park and there were tailgate parties going on all over. We got asked by a group of guys where we were from (because we were walking around in utter amazement- this was just after Hillsborough, don't forget) and, when we said from the UK, they absolutely insisted we had a beer and a burger from their BBQ. We couldn't believe it, but took them up on their offer. Half an hour later, we were sitting in the seats inside, the sun was beaming down, the high school band was blasting out "Louie Louie" and the cheeerleaders were dancing and twirling away to their hearts content.

We had been in America less than 8 hours. We thought we had died and gone to heaven.:pop:
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews

Not like here at all!

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
The very first American Football game I attended (back in September '89, what was then the LA Rams at Anaheim Stadium) we arrived in the car park only 7 hours after we'd landed. Our first ever visit to America.

We walked through this massive car park and there were tailgate parties going on all over. We got asked by a group of guys where we were from (because we were walking around in utter amazement- this was just after Hillsborough, don't forget) and, when we said from the UK, they absolutely insisted we had a beer and a burger from their BBQ. We couldn't believe it, but took them up on their offer. Half an hour later, we were sitting in the seats inside, the sun was beaming down, the high school band was blasting out "Louie Louie" and the cheeerleaders were dancing and twirling away to their hearts content.

We had been in America less than 8 hours. We thought we had died and gone to heaven.:pop:
Wow, what amazing experiences! I will have to see about getting tickets to go to the PETCO stadium in San Diego!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 19 May 09, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post

I think we felt like that... I still have difficulty believing the hotel fixed all that up for us...

There wasn't any troubl;e with the Bronco fans either, it didn't even cross my mind that we weren't safe. As you said they really welcomed us as Brits and food and drink was given really freely

Did you do the "We will Rock you, rock you " chant too?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Mazzy,
There was a game on last Sunday when we were in the gaslight quarter and had officials selling tickets around the ground. So I think it would be easy to get in (not like some of our stadia).

Russell Crowes Master and Commander ship is here n the harbour andthe USS Midway looks impressive too. I think you will be spoilt for choice.

G
I think so too, in fact the more research I do on San Diego, the longer our planned stay there gets, lol, we started off with 4 nights and now I have it down for a week and now I'm wondering if even that's going to be long enough. The County Fair is on at Del Mar Fairgrounds end June/early July, we would love to go to that, and I've just found out you can get the Coaster train to that area, and a shuttle bus then takes you the 5 mins drive to the fairgrounds.

I also want to be there on July 4th, and plan to go to Coronado and watch the parade there. There's just so much to do and see in the San Diego area, I'm totally impressed!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 19 May 09, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
I think we felt like that... I still have difficulty believing the hotel fixed all that up for us...

There wasn't any troubl;e with the Bronco fans either, it didn't even cross my mind that we weren't safe. As you said they really welcomed us as Brits and food and drink was given really freely

Did you do the "We will Rock you, rock you " chant too?
Ooooh , they do that chant really funny though, lol, they were doing it when we were at Fantasmic, and they do a different type of clapping action to it than I've ever seen before!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 19 May 09, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What is the gaslight quarter ? Mazzy tell me the 101 things when you know please