Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 09, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
joanneclaire
Dibbing with Tink

O Michelle another one here green with envy!

we went for the first time in March this year and loved it too, we stayed in the MGM on the 21 floor overlooking the strip, our view was of the new york new york rollercoaster

we never got out to the pools, only a quick glance at them as we had so much to do on our 'list' lol, however, we are now in planning to go back next Sep and so the list begins lol

can I ask what the drive time was from LAX to LV ?

enjoy every moment ...
Joanne

South facing pool with multi-coloured LED lighting, spa/hot tub - heated free of charge, outdoor TV, private landscape lit garden, Nintendo Wii interactive gaming wall, twin Xbox live games area with games pass, retro arcade games

License No:- DWE5903426

joanneclaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanneclaire View Post
Normally 4.5 to 5.5 hours.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
It's great to hear from you Michelle... can't believe you're there already!. Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your stay
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Have a great time. I would love to see Vegas
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah & Andy
Imagineer

Looks and sounds lovely Michelle! Have a wonderful time

xxx

June 2007 - POR, Oct & Nov 08 - Three weeks of POR, Feb 2011 - Winners of Money can't buy VIP competition Grand Floridian, Aug 2011 - 3 weeks AKL CL & POR, Aug 2012 3 weeks POR, Aug 2013 AK CL, Disney Dream & POR, Aug 2015 SSR and engaged, Aug 2016 Disney Magic, Aug 2017 AKL CL and OKW and our Disney Wedding
Sarah & Andy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like your having a great time Michelle we also love the MGM ,stayed in tower 1 in the Signature going back next March and you've got me all excited now.

Enjoy the rest of your trip look forward to your trippies.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great Michelle. Hope you continue to have a great time. I am extremely jealous...

We had your view last August, to be honest with the construction work a strip view isn't the be all and end all at the moment in Vegas. I loved looking out at the mountains each day, we could also see down to the pool area to try and suss how busy it was (in August, it was extremely busy).

I think I'm right in saying that the only difference between a Bungalow Suite and a Celebrity Spa Suite (which we had in 2007) is just the bathroom. I loved the extra room overall, although we did tend to just make more mess!

LA to Vegas drive is dull as. Hats off to Neil for doing that straight from the airport and managing to keep awake.

Keep having fun...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
What room number Michelle - we stayed in a Bungalow Suite back in July?

Wow - seeing your post brings it all back!
We're in 22.104 It's really nice here

Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Sounds as though you are really enjoying it. Views from room and your room looks really good. My SIL has been to LV the last two years and she keeps telling us to give Orlando a miss and try it instead.
Ann, I would say give it a try. I was really worried incase we weren't going to like it at all as we love FL, but I have to say I really like it.
Originally Posted by joanneclaire View Post
O Michelle another one here green with envy!

we went for the first time in March this year and loved it too, we stayed in the MGM on the 21 floor overlooking the strip, our view was of the new york new york rollercoaster

we never got out to the pools, only a quick glance at them as we had so much to do on our 'list' lol, however, we are now in planning to go back next Sep and so the list begins lol

enjoy every moment ...
Joanne
Thanks Joanne, I know what you mean about having a long list, we have not managed to get to the pool yet. We went to have a look at the pool last night, but it closed at 8pm

We were on the freeway at 3:50pm and we arrived in Vegas at 8:05pm and that was with being stuck in traffic. We could use the car pool lanes as there were two of us, so that saved some time.

Originally Posted by marionmcclung View Post
It's great to hear from you Michelle... can't believe you're there already!. Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your stay
I know Marion, it still hasn't sunk in for me either.
Originally Posted by kirstielou View Post
Have a great time. I would love to see Vegas
Thank you Kirstie.
Originally Posted by chris16sarah7 View Post
Looks and sounds lovely Michelle! Have a wonderful time

xxx
Thank you too
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Sounds like your having a great time Michelle we also love the MGM ,stayed in tower 1 in the Signature going back next March and you've got me all excited now.

Enjoy the rest of your trip look forward to your trippies.
Great news, hope we will be back soon too.

Originally Posted by ju_itfc View Post
Sounds great Michelle. Hope you continue to have a great time. I am extremely jealous...

We had your view last August, to be honest with the construction work a strip view isn't the be all and end all at the moment in Vegas. I loved looking out at the mountains each day, we could also see down to the pool area to try and suss how busy it was (in August, it was extremely busy).

I think I'm right in saying that the only difference between a Bungalow Suite and a Celebrity Spa Suite (which we had in 2007) is just the bathroom. I loved the extra room overall, although we did tend to just make more mess!

LA to Vegas drive is dull as. Hats off to Neil for doing that straight from the airport and managing to keep awake.

Keep having fun...
I totally understand where you are coming from about the view, it is just amazing, sitting here (not at the moment as I am up at silly o'clock and it is still dark) just looking out at those mountains is great and it is soo quiet.
Yes I think you are correct, as you get a whirlpool bath in the celebrity suite With the package we got we could've upgraded to a celebrity suite for $35 a night but we just took the bunglaow and saved $70

It's amazing what you can do when you are running on adrenaline Mind you it really did take it out of him, both physically and mentally. I don't think we would do it again, not straight off a 10 & a half hour flight.
Old 27 Aug 09, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
We could use the car pool lanes as there were two of us, so that saved some time.
This is a good tip, I didn't realise that there were seperate car pool lanes. I will keep this in mind.

Now go and take more photos for us!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you are having a fab time. Enjoy ! Looking forward to your reports when you get back. Have great time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread