Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 09, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Staying at the excalibur in January for 5 nights then of to New york City for 2. Can't wait, the excalibur looks great
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Did Luxor exactly 5 years ago and it was fab. Great location and lovely hotel. Dead handy for getting to others. But tbh they all looked great
Old 16 Nov 09, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
toolman
Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=disneyvisit;4283595]We stayed at the Mirage this year and loved the location of it. Would defo stay again, got a fantastic price too.

Just a quick question (hopefully not being too nosey!) any hints on where to geta great price for the Mirage? We are looking to book this hotel for March next year & would really appreciate a few pointers!
toolman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
I have to disagree - Circus Circus is in the worst area of the strip almost a mile walk to centre strip, and don't get me talking about the smell and how your shoes stick to the carpet ! There are so many better hotels that cost hardly any more money.

The hotels in Vegas are so tall with hardly any having balconies I would rule this out as you are limiting your choices.

Good value = MGM, TI, Mirage, Paris, and New York, New York all centre strip.

Denise
I agree about Circus Circus.. the indoor theme park is ok but the rest is a dump.. by far the worst place on the strip with the Sahara a close 2nd i think.

We have stopped in both the Excalibur and Flamingo both had good clean rooms.. the Flamingo is more central, we paid extra for a room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains... that said i actually preferred the location of the Excalibur little bit further down but i think we actually saw and did more as we had to walk past the other hotels to get anywhere.

When we go back in 2011 i think we will stay at either the MGM or New York.

Next time i think we
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovedw View Post
Staying at the excalibur in January for 5 nights then of to New york City for 2. Can't wait, the excalibur looks great
We stopped in Excalibur on our 1st visit to Vegas in 2004.. we loved it... rooms were clean and fairly spacious... 2 adults, a 4 yr old and an 18mth old fitted in ok !

Oh and it had/has a Krispy Kreme place in the food court.. heaven lol ! x
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 09, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We visited the Circus Circus hotel in March and noticed there were alot of families about so if your going with children its probably a good place to stay otherwise I think there are far nicer hotels for couples.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 09, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
We visited the Circus Circus hotel in March and noticed there were alot of families about so if your going with children its probably a good place to stay otherwise I think there are far nicer hotels for couples.
We take our kids to Vegas and have done so since they were little and i would NEVER stop in Circus Circus with them !

(i see your off to the Monster Jam finals.. thats on our todo list.. my son would love it.. but sadly its the end of March and when we do Vegas its at the beginning as we go for the NASCAR)
Old 25 Nov 09, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emma4g63 View Post
looked for the buffet offer, its no longer available, hoping something similar pops up because thats a good deal!
thanks emma
This isn't quite as good (it's only a 2 for buffet, once a day) but it starts at rooms for $55 (+ tax) :

reservations.mgmmirage/b...01&code=MKT354

Hope this helps.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 09, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We take our kids to Vegas and have done so since they were little and i would NEVER stop in Circus Circus with them !

(i see your off to the Monster Jam finals.. thats on our todo list.. my son would love it.. but sadly its the end of March and when we do Vegas its at the beginning as we go for the NASCAR)
We are big Monsterjam fans and usually go to see them when they're at Cardiff in June,last year we went to the Finals and it was brilliant what an atmosphere we went on a double down ticket which includes an exclusive pit party and qualifying on the Friday and another pit party and the Finals on the Saturday we had an absolutely amazing time, so much so that we booked for next year as soon as we got back. If you can you must go sometime.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 09, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
We are big Monsterjam fans and usually go to see them when they're at Cardiff in June,last year we went to the Finals and it was brilliant what an atmosphere we went on a double down ticket which includes an exclusive pit party and qualifying on the Friday and another pit party and the Finals on the Saturday we had an absolutely amazing time, so much so that we booked for next year as soon as we got back. If you can you must go sometime.
Its definately something we will do.. we've been the last 2 years to Cardiff and its been a brillant day out.. my youngest (the little monster in my picture) is always watching them on Sky.. Grave Digger is his favorite.. have a wonderful time x
Closed Thread