Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 10, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've changed my booking to 17.45 so should be settled in my seat with wine glass in hand as the sunsets

Think we will just get a taxi to the Stratosphere and book the limo to take us back 'home' ... will need to decide what time. Possibly 20.30 ...a couple of hours to eat my dinner then some time on the deck to take photos.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BB139
VIP Dibber

We found the meal a complete waste of time, but it was a good experience to start in daylight and watch the sun go down. The wine they served was horrible.

BB139 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

120 dollars each

240 dollars per couple sounds a lot of money for some food
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by BB139 View Post
We found the meal a complete waste of time, but it was a good experience to start in daylight and watch the sun go down. The wine they served was horrible.
Why a waste of time? Did you have the wine pairing? was it red or white or both?
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by jackandsally View Post
120 dollars each

there are 3 or us and the taster menu is 5 courses... there is also an ala carte menu.

This is one of the reasons I dislike the "Is it worth it" threads, because while I wouldn't dream of spending anything like $100 for a handbag, I will spend my money on meals or shows etc.
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Myra... are you going to do the ride thing that's up there? Are you going to be brave enough after a few vino's?
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 10, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Marion, I'm hoping to do 2 of the rides when we visit during the day...I'll have my best boulder holder and my glad rags on so won't be doing the rides on the night when I go up for dinner
Old 11 Jun 10, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BB139 View Post

I have eaten there 4 times (inc a wedding reception) and don't know what you mean by the 'meal a waste of time' - what does that mean?

As for the wine I'm no expert but i know what I like and we've had wine on the 4 occassions we went and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We even bought the cheaper end of the market and it was all very palatable.

There are restaurants where the food is better but they certainly don't have the whole package.

Originally Posted by jackandsally View Post
120 dollars each

Well some of us like to spend money on a nice night out, why go all the way to Vegas and scrimp?

Myra, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time, I think it's well worth the money.

My sister and her husband paid more for their meal in the steak house in the Excalibur!
Old 11 Jun 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
As long as the wine is chilled, wet and "dry" then it'll hit the spot for me

We will be eating in a variety of places from the hotel buffets to Dennys and Ihop to a couple of the more expensive options, thinking of booking the Eiffel Tower too... it's our wee treat, it's what we enjoy.

I'd just be interested to know why the pp thought it was a waste of time
Old 11 Jun 10, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Myra i hope you don't mind, but i might copy off the limo idea.

The trip next year is a suprise birthday trip for my DF and i want to do little suprises each day, the limo sounds a lovely idea after the meal for an hour.

Rachel
x