Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Luke Jaywalker View Post
Disneyland have two parks Magic Kingdom and California Adventure, in your case I would open up both the webpages for Disneyworld and Disneyland and compare all the attactions.

It is hard for me to advise you as we haven't been to Disneyworld since 2004 and won't visit Disneyland until next year.

Also if your children are teens maybe they would prefer somewhere a bit older like Six Flags Magic Mountain for a day ?
Yes I was wondering this myself... they love roller coasters so this may be a better idea
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
Yes I was wondering this myself... they love roller coasters so this may be a better idea
If you have the time it might be worth reading a few trip report's i know Princess Chazy went to Six flags and Disney .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We too are looking at staying in sf but are getting in a right muddle trying to work out where we're going to go and in what order and how we're going to get there! Whether to do internal flights or drive!... oh I didn't realise doing west coast would be so complicated!

We are looking at going to Yosemite from San Fran... initially we won't hire a car, but thought about hiring a car to drive to Yosemite stay overnight then drive down the coast to San Diego and get an internal flight to Vegas but how far is Yosemite from San Fran?
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
We too are looking at staying in sf but are getting in a right muddle trying to work out where we're going to go and in what order and how we're going to get there! Whether to do internal flights or drive!... oh I didn't realise doing west coast would be so complicated!

We are looking at going to Yosemite from San Fran... initially we won't hire a car, but thought about hiring a car to drive to Yosemite stay overnight then drive down the coast to San Diego and get an internal flight to Vegas but how far is Yosemite from San Fran?
The drive to yosemite from San Fran is about 4/5 hours, I wouldn't recommend doing it in the dark though, very windy roads xx

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Basset
Imagineer

I'll keep an eye on this thread as currently planning something similar.

My initial planning is to fly into LA (Can't resist BA using the A380 on this route) a week in LA and then spending 2 weeks going up to SF , across to Yosemite , Vegas , Rout 66 to Flagstaff for Grand Canyon. Trek across to San Diego and up to LA for the flight back.

Trying to be useful - What about Knots Berry Farm as a option for the roller coasters ?
Basset is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

The way I have planned it we are only going to do one BIG drive from Santa Clarita to Yosemite just over 280 miles google maps say 5 Hours but I guess it's going to be more like 7/8.

All our other drives will be no longer than 3/4 hours hopefully,as any more than that each day and I know my children will not be happy.

What you should do is plan a route either by car /plane and use google maps to help you and add 50% if you plan to drive(thanks to parisdisneyfan ) to the google maps estimated time especially if you will be driving on Pacific Highway 1 or Through places like Yosemite.

Then once you have decided your start and end point look for flights,then hotels on your route and how long you want to stay in each location then book them.
Old 29 Oct 13, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

At last the saga of Monterey is over and I found a hotel for the night I required and at £70 at least that gives the kids more money to buy junk while on holiday
Old 29 Oct 13, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I think we more or less have it Sussed on the itinery front... flying into San Fran (flights not booked yet, looking at multi trip prices on expedia etc) staying 3/4 days... won't bother hiring a car until we leave for Yosemite , driving to Yosemite for 2 days ...here where I am struggling! Can't find accom much less than £250
Then looking at driving down to San Diego with a couple of stops on the way... not sure exactly where yet, maybe Montery? Stay in San Diego for a few days then fly to Vegas for 4/5 days as we want to do Grand canyon ...will fly home from Vegas.
What do you reckon?
Old 29 Oct 13, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

I think we more or less have it Sussed on the itinery front... flying into San Fran (flights not booked yet, looking at multi trip prices on expedia etc) staying 3/4 days... won't bother hiring a car until we leave for Yosemite , driving to Yosemite for 2 days ...here where I am struggling! Can't find accom much less than £250
Then looking at driving down to San Diego with a couple of stops on the way... not sure exactly where yet, maybe Montery? Stay in San Diego for a few days then fly to Vegas for 4/5 days as we want to do Grand canyon ...will fly home from Vegas.
What do you reckon?
That looks like a good plan ,but I don't know why you are having problems with Yosemite ? I asked somedody else that same question as to why they think it would cost 1k .

I booked Yosemite Lodge at the falls directly through the Yosemite website for two nights 12th and 13th August staying in a family bunk room which consists of one queen and bunk beds.

The lower bunkbed being a double and slightly larger than the top one ,this setup is ideal for teens as they don't have to share a bed.I booked it last week and paid £164 per night.

Try this link yosemitepark/lodging.aspx

Edited at 10:52 PM.
Luke Jaywalker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Luke Jaywalker View Post
That looks like a good plan ,but I don't know why you are having problems with Yosemite ? I asked somedody else that same question as to why they think it would cost 1k .

I booked Yosemite Lodge at the falls directly through the Yosemite website for two nights 12th and 13th August staying in a family bunk room which consists of one queen and bunk beds.

The lower bunkbed being a double and slightly larger than the top one ,this setup is ideal for teens as they don't have to share a bed.I booked it last week and paid £164 per night.
Perhaps I am reading your comment incorrectly, but it sounds like you think I was making it up? I think it was me who you asked that question. I said it'd cost £1k for two nights because that was the cost of two nights in the park at the only available accommodation. It's not that I thought it would cost that, it did cost that. This was at the Hotel Ahwaanee (sp), sleeping four. Hence, I was happy to pay c. £300 for two nights at the YVL.

We did not book our flights until January for the end of July. Hence, I'm more than prepared to accept that we missed out on some better hotel prices. But I can assure you that was the price of the only accommodation left within the park gates, over the last weekend in July, sleeping four (2011).