Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 14, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Whilst I don't really agree with the extra charge we just booked our tickets - Reasons we shelled out the extra $99 each are because for the last few years MNSSHP has been over crowded and we have seen very little in way of characters and rides. The Parades and Fireworks haven't been particularly enjoyable due to Disney not clearing those without wrist bands out of the park therefore they have been too crowded to enjoy. The main reason we have booked this is I am hoping that this will at least give us some time with characters and we also get preferred viewing for the parade and the fireworks.
Last year after queuing from 6.30pm - 8.30pm to see the 7 dwarves there was very little time to see anything else other than the parade and fireworks. Rides were over an hour wait time.
I can understand why people are reluctant due to missing some of the main halloween party however the dessert party doesn't start until 10pm and to be honest I am hoping that this way we will get to see some characters and get some photos.
A few years ago Disney seemed to restrict the number of guests allowed and ensured those without wrist bands left the park so the event was busy but enjoyable, now it seems they are cramming as many people in as possible.
I just hope it is organised. I will report back once we have been.
Old 26 Aug 14, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Mackem, what date do you go?
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
erm33
slightly serious Dibber

Really tempted, but its a lot of money on top of the ticket and we go back next year about the same time of year so will await the reviews from other people this year and decide on whether its worth it for next year.

Its our first MNSSHP this year anyway, so will see how that goes and then look forward to doing this next year if the reviews are good from this year.
erm33 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
$99 ! Ok not even slightly tempted but you would think that they may have made it a Pre party thing as opposed to missing 2 hours of something that you have paid extra for! For $99 they must be serving some special food, perhaps the Villains will spoon feed everyone.
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Mackem, what date do you go?
Not til the end of Sept
Old 26 Aug 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
$99 ! Ok not even slightly tempted but you would think that they may have made it a Pre party thing as opposed to missing 2 hours of something that you have paid extra for! For $99 they must be serving some special food, perhaps the Villains will spoon feed everyone.
Sd
I really do agree with the above however we spent 2 hours last year waiting for the 7 dwarves then every other line for characters was 1-2hours plus and all the rides were over an hour so we hope by doing this we can meet and get photos of some characters rather than just one. I really did want to meet Jack and Sally last year but we just couldn't with the wait times. I really think Disney need to make these paid for events more limited so every guest who has paid an extra fee (by this I mean the fee for the the MNSSHP ticket) can enjoy the experience.
Old 26 Aug 14, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wraith
VIP Dibber

wraith's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All booked up, 3 mins on hold, $209.84 lighter :-)
Jan 2009 - All Star Movies Resort, Disney
Dec 2009 - Pop Century, Disney
Jan 2010 - All Star Sport, Disney
Oct 2014 - Animal kingdom Lodge
Mar 2017 - Caribbean Beach Resort
wraith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by wraith View Post
All booked up, 3 mins on hold, $209.84 lighter :-)
When are you going?

I want to read some feedback before I book. We've done the party before so this would be ideal for us.
Old 26 Aug 14, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

I got straight through tonight with no wait but the night I wanted, the 2nd October was sold out. I switched to the 5th October instead but they are selling out fast it would seem.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wraith
VIP Dibber

wraith's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
When are you going?

I want to read some feedback before I book. We've done the party before so this would be ideal for us.
16th October for us, the woman who took my booking said the tickets were going fast.
Jan 2009 - All Star Movies Resort, Disney
Dec 2009 - Pop Century, Disney
Jan 2010 - All Star Sport, Disney
Oct 2014 - Animal kingdom Lodge
Mar 2017 - Caribbean Beach Resort
wraith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List