Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 14, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Thumbs up Backlot Tour Closing, Toy Story Land coming!

inline imageIt seems like the Studio Backlot Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is finally closing. A few days ago it was announced that once Soundstage 1 at the park moves Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Frozen Funland out, work is set to begin on a third track for Toy Story Midway Mania inside of that building. Well, now it seems like the area surrounding Soundstage 1 will be used for the rest of a large-scale PIXAR Place expansion.

Likely coming to the park are some of the small, flat-rides developed for Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Resort Paris and Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland including RC Racer, Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin, and the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop. The attractions possibly on the chopping block take up much more room than these small rides would, so chances are the remaining space would be used for Cars or Monsters Inc. attractions.

Operating hours calendars released to cast members currently have only a few days of October hours for many of the offerings in that area, including the Monsters Inc. meet and greet, the Studio Backlot Tour, the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, the Coke Bottle food stand, Studio Catering Company, and High Octane Refreshments next door. All of these attractions have no dates posted past October 11th. So, in short, all of these offerings might be closing on October 11th, one week after the closure of Maelstrom at Epcot. All other attraction operating hours are listed through January, so you can see why it’s awfully suspicious that all of these items in one area are not listed after a date in mid-October.

These operating hours combined with rumblings among Disney employees all seem to point at a PIXAR Place expansion, but nothing is set in stone quite yet, and so some of this should be treated as speculation.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	backlot.jpg
Views:	64123
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	57410  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh no! We are there from the 27th October. We love backlot tour. I hope we get to go on it once more...
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

About time. DHS has been screaming for development for ages. Nice to hear something is going to happen at long last.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by magic moments View Post
Oh no! We are there from the 27th October. We love backlot tour. I hope we get to go on it once more...
I wanted to compare it to the DLP version! I go on the 13th!
Old 19 Sep 14, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Sounds like HS will benefit from this. (And not just to take pressure off TSM! )

Shame about the Backlot Tour, but only because I hope they can develop something elsewhere in the park that represents the "Hollywood" side of the Studios and movie-making generally for people who enjoy these types of attractions.

I can see HS needs more for kids, but Disney has always provided something unique for 'all the family'). So, I hope they don't disregard that side of both HS and Epcot too much. I've always loved how Disney isn't just about kids' rides and thrill rides, but offers unique attractions for other people, too.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Nooooo, I love MGM and that it caters that little bit more to adults & older children. I love the Backlot Tour too I wish parks would put some money into updating current attractions instead of replacing them.
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rudie
Trainee Dibber

This is great! I love Toy Story and backlot tour was showing signs of ageing. Hoping they'll be bringing Cars to WDW, fingers crossed!

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Rudie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
williamsc47
Proud to wear my Ears

I find this highly infuriating. The back lot tour is what visiting a Studio is all about seeing all the old props etc. I hope they find a way to keep these things available to see otherwise I will probably stop visiting HS :angry:
williamsc47 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 14, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Shame, HS is my favourite park and although it was small I quite liked the backlot tour. We go at the end of October so not only will we miss Malestrom it sounds like we'll miss this too.

I mean I've been on em before, but it'd be nice to experience them one last time. Doesn't sound like its anything amazing but at least its not Frozen.
Old 19 Sep 14, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
staceymum
Getting Excited

My concern would be the Osborne family lights. If the remove streets if America they will be homeless 😢
staceymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List