Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Oct 14, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BONZO View Post
That's the 3
  • Mobile - Slots
  • Mobile - Blackjack
  • PC - Slots
Phew, thank you! I just need a faster laptop ha ha

X
Old 27 Oct 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Wow, you're right about the gold racking up quick! I've managed to get to over 10000 in a few hours.

Realistically, how many are people averaging a week ?

X
Old 27 Oct 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Wow, you're right about the gold racking up quick! I've managed to get to over 10000 in a few hours.

Realistically, how many are people averaging a week ?

X
It will vary as I've said before initially on the lower levels its very easy to move up and get gold coins, but the more you play the harder it is..

For example I'm on level 108 on my pc and needed 1.5 million coins to move to the next level, I've played others where I've needed 2 million.

Same on the iphone , I'm on level 80 and it takes forever to move on..

Some days/ weeks I hardly seem to get any gold coins, other days I am lucky and get gold coins on the spins and when going round the strip..

But since April I've racked up 212000 gold coins and my DH about 350000 .

Prior to that I started playing in December for my holiday at the end of Feb and had about 40000 coins that I redeemed.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Wowser!

I've been sneakily playing on my phone today and I've had a belter of a day. I'm going to sign in on the laptop for a bit before bed.

I'm not sure where Mum is up to with her and Dads accounts, but were hoping for 2 rooms for a couple of nights next year. We're aiming high and going for the Mandalay Bay but who knows. I'm certainly going to try.

Hopefully, we're going to do a West Coast road trip, so if we can get a couple of nights free accommodation, well head into Vegas as it will keep the costs down a lot

X
Old 27 Oct 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I've never really looked at hotel rooms because the hotel we stop in isn't part of the MGM group.

We're going for buffets and maybe the Secret Garden again.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsman2010
Apprentice Imagineer

As others have said, once you get to the higher levels its murder trying to level up as it could be 2 million XP between levels to level up. We have stopped playing the Facebook version everyday now and we are just collecting the strip & hoarding XP until the next Double LP day. I am currently on Facebook level 144 and mobile level 121 with around 370K LP and 2 million XP ready to blow on next Double LP day!. OH on FB level 200, mobile level 80 and has about 450K LP. Both been playing since around April.
New York: 14
DLP: 07
scotsman2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

So I'm in for a hard slog then.

If we don't get enough for the rooms, well probably just leave LV out of the trip unless we find a super cheap deal. I'd like to go back, but I'm also trying to keep costs down.

Fingers crossed though!

X
Old 27 Oct 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
So I'm in for a hard slog then.

If we don't get enough for the rooms, well probably just leave LV out of the trip unless we find a super cheap deal. I'd like to go back, but I'm also trying to keep costs down.

Fingers crossed though!

X
Not sure if your aware but you still have to pay the resort fee if you get a room using points and some of those are pretty hefty per night ($30 ish)..

So it could work out cheaper to stop in a different hotel , pay less resort fee and use the gold coins to get vouchers to use against meals so saving money that way.

For example South Point (off strip but that's ok for us) can be had for $60ish + $15 resort fee per night, so its better value for us to pay for that but get 2 free buffets meals and save $80ish..

But yes definitely a hard slog, like Scotsman I don't play everyday, I collect coins and do the daily spin and then I wait till I can be bothered to play, I've also found the less you play the more big wins I seem to get.
Old 28 Oct 14, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Ooh now I didn't know that no!

I guess I better look into how much all these other bits will add up to as well.

Jeepers, there's a lot to consider
X
Old 28 Oct 14, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Ooh now I didn't know that no!

I guess I better look into how much all these other bits will add up to as well.

Jeepers, there's a lot to consider
X
Ah nothings ever easy

If you click on the various rewards it should tell you the t&c's.

Resort fee is a typical one, another one is something like get a $50 voucher for the Sugar Factory but you need to spend $100 to be able to use it..

I've just looked at the Mandalay Bay reward, it lists the dates when it can be used (typically it can't be used during special events. holidays,conventions etc) and there is a $25 + tax charge per night to pay.
Closed Thread