Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 16, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
How long before the have a clippy on the trams?
This was my first thought.

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
At the end of the day Disney are a business with shareholders who want a return on their money. This seems a fairly simple way to get some extra cash in - not saying I agree with it, but can see the logic.

Wouldn't surprise me if they start to tier the perks for onsite guests, so the better the class of Disney hotel, the more perks you receive, so pushing people to go for the higher end rooms.
In a way they do now with the free dining. The higher class of resort the better the free dining plan.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
There are rumours that Disney may introduce an onsite $15pn "resort fee" that covers things like free parking and the like.

They'll be charging for the first-timer and birthday buttons next.
Yeah I saw that. Was wondering if that was covering free parking at the resort though not the parks

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Do you think that might be the next thing to go?
It could do. We get 3 lots of free parking
Onsite
Annual Pass
Tables in Wonderland if dining at a Park
Be a bit hard to chop all three! However never say never!

If they introduce at $15 a night resort fee that's well over £700 per annum for me! Oh plus add on the fact I need well over another 100 DVC points to stay at a preferred room at SSR per annum.
What next?

Sir did you just put trash in that bin? Ahh thought so, $5 please.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Yeah I saw that. Was wondering if that was covering free parking at the resort though not the parks
Well, it's quite possible that sometime in the future they will charge a resort fee and charge onsite guests to park at the parks.

I'm surprised they haven't yet introduced Fastpass+ XL (pay $20 per day for an extra 2 fastpasses a day) and Fastpass+ Unlimited (pay $100 per day for unlimited fastpasses).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Well, it's quite possible that sometime in the future they will charge a resort fee and charge onsite guests to park at the parks.

I'm surprised they haven't yet introduced Fastpass+ XL (pay $20 per day for an extra 2 fastpasses a day) and Fastpass+ Unlimited (pay $100 per day for unlimited fastpasses).
Why don't Disney just go the whole hog and ask us to set-up a standing order direct from our bank accounts and nominate them as sole beneficiary in our wills.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I have no problem with it. It's like parking in the long-stay or short stay at the airport, or FOLPs at Universal. If people want to pay it then I say "go for it". As I don't get paid $15/min I might pass, but I might pay it e.g. if we were staying for Wishes, as then that $15 could save you 20-30 mins (if you have tired whinging kids then it's a bargain! )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Good grief. Don't give them any ideas!
Personally, would never dream of paying such a ridiculous amount. Totally agree with a PP who made the point you are walking miles in the parks so it seems rather pointless.

The resort fee seems inevitable. I am excited about booking our first on-site stay for next year, especially if there is a dining deal. At this rate though, it will probably be the one and only time we do, as it just won't feel like such a good deal. Either that, or it will end up like Universal: one or two nights on-site and that's it!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Why don't Disney just go the whole hog and ask us to set-up a standing order direct from our bank accounts
Actually, that isn't too far away from what I do now

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Why don't Disney just go the whole hog and ask us to set-up a standing order direct from our bank accounts and nominate them as sole beneficiary in our wills.
But if we did that how would we pay Universal for those FOTL passes that we all need to enjoy their parks?

Don't guests already pay extra for preferred parking at Universal? Was there a big thread about how terrible Universal were for introducing that?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

But if we did that how would we pay Universal for those FOTL passes that we all need to enjoy their parks?

Don't guests already pay extra for preferred parking at Universal? Was there a big thread about how terrible Universal were for introducing that?
I hold Disney to a higher standard.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List