Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 May 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Dubai trip - part 3 - The Palm, Brunches and travel home

Day 7 - The Palm

We had a slightly slower morning, we were planning to explore the palm but we decided to first get a metro then pick up our sight seeing bus. We got a metro to the mall of Emirates and then got on the yellow line.

Included in the bus ticket was a palm cruise, these only went at certain times so we decided to do this first. It takes quite a while to get all around the marina so despite getting a bus at 11.30, we only just made the 1pm cruise!

The cruise is brilliant, mainly because of the views of the Atlantis but it is also cool to see the residential houses on the palm! It was pretty windy!

We then wanted to go back up to a bit called the pointe, we had hoped we could walk back up as it was less than 2km but there just isn't any paths - probably the most frustrating thing about Dubai! We then ended up having to get a cab which was about £2!

The pointe has mainly restaurant but incredible views of the Atlantis. It was very quiet, it was new on the bus route though so it may get busier I imagine.

We then jumped on our bus to go under the tunnel to the Atlantis.
We went for a walk along the front of the palm, this is 20km long so clearly didn't go the whole way! We then went into the Atlantis.

First stopping for an ice cream and then going for a cocktail in wavehouse. An expensive cocktail but it was a novelty having a drink in the Atlantis!

We weren't ready to go home so decided to stay on the bus and go to JBR beach, as the bus does a loop round it took quite a while and we actually asked to jump off the bus early as the traffic at about 6pm is awful around JBR. We were about 10 min walk from the beach front but the bus hadn't moved in 10 mins and still had a way to get to the actual bus stop. The driver didn't mind and let us off.

We decided to have pizza on the beach watching the sunset. Although we couldn't actually see the sun due to buildings in the way but it was a lovely atmosphere. We shared a pizza from pizza hut sat on the beach and it was lovely.

After we finished we wandered along before getting a metro home.

Day 8 - Brunch at Pier 7

It was Friday which is my sisters weekend so we wanted to take her out. I'd found an unlimited brunch called cargo online which sounded nice so I booked a table.

The brunch started at 2 so we had a few hours by the pool before getting ready and getting a taxi about 1.15pm. It was down by the marina so a little way away.

We obviously had to pose for some photos first.

The restaurant had amazing views and we sat on the terrace. It was unlimited for 3 hours and wow! It really was unlimited, you could just help yourself to beers and there was a self serve margarita stand!

They also gave you wine and spirits. They has games, one which involved moving m&ms with straws, Chris won and got us a round of tequilas which we really didn't need!

The food was amazing too, you could help yourself to cold starters, they bought round hot starters. For main there was crispy beef, chicken katsu curry, noodles and fried rice. All were served on the tables, as was a chocolate desert.

The brunch was 195AED each (about £40) which for what was included, I thought was amazing!

Just before 5 we stocked up (the done thing at these brunches apparently according to my sister) and it kept us going until nearly 8pm!

We weren't ready to go home though so we walked down to the beach and went to Sky Bar which is in the Hilton as Louise knew they did happy hour cocktails until 9pm.

I'm not sure we needed more but that didn't stop us!
The bar has amazing views and we had a drink before getting a taxi home.

Day 9 - Dubai Creek cruise

Our last day :-(

We decided to make the most of still having the bus ticket and do the creek cruise, we had missed this earlier in the week when we explored the creek as we got there at the wrong time.

I was feeling slightly fragile after the brunch the day before but we got up and got the bus to the creek.

We got to the boat just in time

After the creek cruise we stopped for some calzones before getting a metro back.

We spent the afternoon relaxing with my sister by the pool.

Travel home

We had a bit of dramatic journey home. We were due to get a bus back to Abu Dhabi but Etihad had changed the bus time, leaving us about 1hr 45 to change. I tried to contact them and in the end they eventually replied via facebook and said that we "should" have enough time to change but they couldn't put us on the earlier bus so suggested we just turned up for the earlier bus to see if there was room.

I am not a very relaxed traveller at the best of times and the thought of ever being late really stresses me out. I definitely didn't like being told I "should" make my flight! We decided to try to get the earlier bus but on turning up to the bus stop, it was rammed despite it was still half hour before the bus left. We decided to go and get the normal bus to Abu Dhabi! I wish we had just decided to get the normal bus anyway, it actually worked out pretty well and long story short we got to the airport fine with plenty of time!

I think it ended up costing us about an extra £20 and I am not impressed with Etihad!

Gorgous views in the morning!

We were extremely hungry by the time we got to the airport as we hadn't had any breakfast, so I was very excited by this Halloumi bun

The flight was uneventful and we were relieved to get back. We had amazing views from the onboard cameras over London!

We had had an amazing time in Dubai, thank you for reading! My next trippie will be for our return to WDW which I am sooooo excited about! I have been planning it for 4 years now haha!
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
As with all your trips you managed to pack a lot it and a great mix of food, drink, sightseeing and time with your sister. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next trippie
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

A great end to your trip! Made me want to go back!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

A fabulous holiday. Thanks for taking the time to share. Lots of great ideas and adventures.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! Fab trippie...we only came back on Saturday morning also with Etihad which we were not impressed with either.
But have totally fell in love with Dubai..and want to go back soon...love your photos .
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
As with all your trips you managed to pack a lot it and a great mix of food, drink, sightseeing and time with your sister. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next trippie
Thank you that means a lot, thank you for taking the time to read
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
A great end to your trip! Made me want to go back!
Thank you and thank for reading
Old 27 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
A fabulous holiday. Thanks for taking the time to share. Lots of great ideas and adventures.
Thank you, hope you have a fab time if you plan to visit
Old 27 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Wow! Fab trippie...we only came back on Saturday morning also with Etihad which we were not impressed with either.
But have totally fell in love with Dubai..and want to go back soon...love your photos .
Thank you and thanks for reading . That is a shame, sorry to hear you didn't have a very good experience either, glad you had a great holiday though.
Old 27 May 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great trip, thanks for sharing
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List