Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Love the Contemporary, we have stayed so many places in the world and I would never really consider Disney Hotels to be truly luxury, but for us the Contemporary has a magic, seeing the monorail, being able to walk to Disney any time. We love it there.xx
i did look at the contemporary but i didnt like the outside area and the pool area

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I wouldn't. I like the Yacht Club rooms (although even they are nowhere near deluxe compared to the wider hotel market) but I'm not an Epcot fan so the walking distance factor isn't really a draw. The only resort I'd pay that premium for is Contemporary.

CSR is my home resort. If you like the look of Yacht Club, I'd consider it over CBR in the moderate tier. It's also a convention resort so similar upmarket feel to it, especially in the new tower. You do lose the Skyliner as it's a bus only resort but it still felt quick to get everywhere, even MK.

ETA: If you stick with YC and you're worried about the amount of food on full DDP, use your credits at Signatures instead. The portions are smaller since it's fine dining and you're only doing a sit-down meal every second day that way. The steakhouse there is excellent if you're meat eaters.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
They are both lovely - however, I had the impression that the Beach club was more for families than the Yacht club - but I would stay in either in a flash - think next time just me and DH go we are going to opt for the Yacht Club just as a change but would be very happy at either.
Old 8 May 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
i did have a look at this but if im honest i do have my heart set on Yacht club!

the location and pool are the main 2 things

Can i ask why you would pick beach club over Yacht club? i was under the impression that all yacht club rooms had balconies!
yacht club rooms have balconies only selected beach club rooms do. We went with Bc as I preferred the decor and it was cheaper but otherwise there is little difference. YC is slightly further from epcot but its literally minutes.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Yacht Club, definitely.

We are a family of 7, and my 5 kids have been going to Yacht & Beach since they were similar ages to yours.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Yacht Club, definitely.

We are a family of 7, and my 5 kids have been going to Yacht & Beach since they were similar ages to yours.
its nice to hear of another big family visiting Yacht Club

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I’ve stayed at both moderate and deluxe resorts at Disney multiple times. Can’t comment on the value resorts. For me. I prefer the deluxe resorts but they are a splurge so they are an every third trip thing. I would say it depends how much you will utilise the resort facilities. If you’re going to spend a lot of time in the pool and eat in several Epcot and Crescent Lake based restaurants then pay for Yacht Club. Also if you plan to spend those days visiting Epcot and DHS the location is fabulous. Also if you’re not likely to do it again then go for it. Life is for living. But no holiday is worth debt for.

Edited at 09:32 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List