Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 May 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Recommend me a place to stay!

As an adult with DH and our children (DD14, DS11 & DS5) we have been to Florida 3 times. First trip stayed on International drive with a car - loved it here, being able to walk to restaurants and shops etc. Second time stayed at Disney, loved being close but would not stay in one room together again. Third time stayed in a villa in Davenport. Loved the villa but hated the location and that you couldn’t walk to the shops and restaurants. We ideally want a villa or townhouse or apartment in an area that there are restaurants within walking distance and not too far from Disney as we wouldn’t do a car again. Can anyone recommend me an area?
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We like Residence Inns ,there is one at Lake Buena Vista they have family and two bed suites
Breakfast is included and they also usually do a managers special a couple of nights per week where you get a couple of free drinks and some nibbles eg: popcorn , crisps and different little snacks

LBV is a nice area and has quite a few restaurants, shops and outlets
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

following.

It's a pity that there are no really nice hotels or suites next to the main attractions on IDrive. You'd think by now someone would have built a nicer motel than Rosen Inn.

We've stayed twice at Windsor Hills, it's not as far as Davenport and handier for the drive to Universal, not really within walking distance but still a very nice location.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
floridays resort is fab

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at Floridays and Sheraton Vistana Villages, both were very good and well situated for visiting all the parks. Premium outlets was close by where there are plenty of restaurants etc. I’m pretty sure we saw the Bus(I Trolley? ) stopping very close to both properties.
We were supposed to go again a few weeks ago and had booked Blue Heron Beach Resort which was fairly close to Disney Springs, again lots of restaurants nearby and I think there is a shuttle to the parks.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all, a few to check out there
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Have you looked at lake Buena vista resort and spa ? I haven’t stayed there as there is only 2 of us. It’s close to premium outlet mall on Vineland Avenue . You can get i-ride trolley to seaworld and I drive. .. Might be worth a look. I like the lake Buena vista area ..

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Have you looked at lake Buena vista resort and spa ? I haven’t stayed there as there is only 2 of us. It’s close to premium outlet mall on Vineland Avenue . You can get i-ride trolley to seaworld and I drive. .. Might be worth a look. I like the lake Buena vista area ..
I think you might have got the name mixed up as LBVR & S is next to the Lake Buena Vista Outlets and not near the i-ride trolley, premium outlets or i-drive. I've stayed there a couple of times and loved that I could leave DH at the pool with the kids and walk to the shops for a leisurely browse in peace.

The resort used to have a shuttle service or you could use Uber but I personally wouldn't stay there without a car for convenience.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I think you might have got the name mixed up as LBVR & S is next to the Lake Buena Vista Outlets and not near the i-ride trolley, premium outlets or i-drive. I've stayed there a couple of times and loved that I could leave DH at the pool with the kids and walk to the shops for a leisurely browse in peace.

The resort used to have a shuttle service or you could use Uber but I personally wouldn't stay there without a car for convenience.
Thank you I indeed had got them mixed up. I apologise to op for the misinformation..
I haven’t stayed there myself but it was one I had looked at some time ago and thought it looked like great fun for families ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List