Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Starlet View Post
The main pool info came from one dibber who was vocally told so on a phone call.
I think we're all hoping that's a mistake because it's the only time it's been mentioned and would definitely be a game changer.
That's correct, the man I spoke to last night said it would be closed, so it was either a mistake or at some point during construction they may have to close it due to the proximity of the work. Who knows, I'm just glad to have moved.
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekybeckyboo View Post
So last night after 3hrs and 30 mins waiting to get through I managed to get an offer of the room swap at no additional charge or £50 per night. We took the swap to POFQ and confirmed and then the line cut off. This morning I've woken up to a new confirmation email for POFQ but it is asking us to pay the £476 balance! We had already paid our balance off and were assured the move would be free. Back on the phone again at 9am... sigh.
Hi, the CM I had last night said it would be £300 extra but they would credit back £300 to make the move free. The credit may take 24hrs but the extra would show on the invoice straight away, it is there now. I will give it a couple of days.
I also need to look at rooms, after 3 hours on hold I do not think we got it right, we had a preferred room but we wanted the Murphy bed so my youngest not sharing so POR, then magnolia as wife did not want alligator area. Got a pool room requested in magnolia (no preferred in that area) but probably would have been better to have the cost of preferred refunded and got a standard room.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Edavies603
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by shaz luvs tink View Post
I must admit I was surprised to have anew invoice as it was 9:20pm when I get off the phone last night and he did say it would take a few days for a new invoice.
I'm praying it comes and when it's does it's correct so I don't have to lose the will to live listening the the freestyle coke machine message for 3 hours again haha. If not I will want more compensation for my frazzled brain after 3 hours last night and over an hour on Tuesday 😂😂
Edavies603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sounds like a bit of a palaver, but at least you got it in the end. This information is from the portorleans.org website which is usually pretty reliable:
Prior to the closure of the last few double-bedded rooms in the Magnolia Bend mansion buildings it was possible to request a wheeled fold-up ‘roll-away’ bed for a fifth person, or to allow two older children to avoid having to share the same bed, but now that the refurbished rooms include new, slightly larger, queen beds this facility has been withdrawn as from Sunday 11 March 2012. It is no longer possible to have five people allocated to any of the mansion building rooms (including the new Royal Guest Rooms) unless that fifth person is a toddler under the age of three. The same has applied to the refurbished rooms at French Quarter for a while.

Alligator Bayou is now the only section of Port Orleans which includes an extra bed to accommodate a fifth person in one room. The newly refurbished rooms all now include a pull-down Murphy bed (child sized, approx. 63" x 30") over the banquette bench seat. The new pull-down beds also feature in the updated King Bed rooms incidentally, which means that they can accommodate up to three people (and this is now a bookable option as from May 2013).

Some people suggest taking an inflatable bed (single size, aka twin air mattress) in order to provide somewhat more flexible family sleeping arrangements. An air mattress of this type should fit into the new queen bedded rooms, but unfortunately you still cannot have more than four people (plus an infant) officially assigned to a non-Alligator Bayou room.

Still, no harm in asking if that's what you'd prefer
Thanks for finding that info for me, seems a roll away bed is unlikely then the Murphy bed looks ok but not much good for a bit of tv watching in bed! Hmm Mickey you are messing with my holiday too much sir!
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Good luck today Dibbers! Hope you all get what you want

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by timwalker View Post
Morning all. Here we are again.
I was told at 10.30 last night that if I switched to another moderate, I would receive a refund of £14. Great.
I had paid for preferred room and DDP upgrade.
Didn't give a decision then as was still cross, Fern is supposed to be calling me after 12.00 today for my decision.
My issue is that if I had wanted POR or POFQ I would have booked in the first place.
Shall I wait for them to call, or shall I call?
It seems like people in your situation, with preferred room and ddp booked, are able to upgrade to deluxe resorts like AKL and yacht club for a few hundred pounds. Might be a good option for you?

Edited at 09:57 AM.
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aurora2015 View Post
I wonder if Charter Travel can work their magic with Disney today and get the $75 per night credit for those where they had already told it was being on offer. Had it in an email from Charter yesterday but had to wait for friends to confirm that's what we are doing before going back which was after office hours yesterday. Hopefully we can still get it. Can you all keep posting what you've got through travel agents today please so we know what's happening? thanks xx
This is what I'm hoping too. I'm with charter Travel too. You'd think they'd honour it as TAs have delay of relaying information to their customers.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
timwalker
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by OrlandoFanJr View Post
It seems like people in your situation, with preferred room and ddp booked, are able to upgrade to deluxe resorts like AKL and yacht club for a few hundred points. Might be a good option for you?
£900 quoted for Beach Club.
That is too much and I don't see why we should pay anything when we are being inconvenienced.
timwalker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hope you all get sorted and it does not take over 3 hours like me last night!
When I got through all sorted in less than 10 mins, including the CM going into details of everything they are putting in place at CBR. She sounded exhausted so I did not have the heart to tell her I know - I have been listening to the message for 3 hours!
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Aaaand on hold but how can they say over two hour wait when I ring dead on 9

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread