Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Caribbean Beach Resort expansion and Old Port Royal closure for refurbishment

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

CBR - refurbishment/building work

Latest at 28/2/2017:

For those that have booked direct with WDW on UK site ring: 0800 169 0730 to get free change of resort to POR or FQ

**If you've booked via a travel agent you need to contact them.**

Here's what we know about it so far:

Old Port Royal - the hub of the resort to close for a total refurb 1st May 2017.
Facilities that will be shut:
•Food court
•Shutters table service restaurant
•Calypso trading shop
•Concierge and recreation areas of Old Port Royale
•Banana Cabana bar(situated just outside of OPR)
•Barbados and Martinique villages to be 'unavailable' from May 2017

•Building work noise may be heard between either 9am until dusk(from recent e-mail) or 9am until 4pm(from original e-mail)

And while they work their 'magic' over the coming months:
•Centertown(a large marquee style tent) will serve a Caribbean buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner
•a wide selection of grab-and-go meals will be available in the island markets of Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.
•Guests can refill their resort mugs with beverages from Coca-Cola freestyle machines which will be available throughout the resort.
•Room pizza delivery will still be available
•At the moment guests are able to transfer to POR without charge while keeping their existing offers that they received at time of booking(dining plans, gifts cards)

As far as I know, no opening/closing times available, or times that drinks will be able to be refilled or menus available.

It's also not known whether movies under the stars will [B]continue

**Plans have been submitted to build a multi storey building on land where Barbados and part of Martinique villages currently sit, and to work on roads and waterways**

Work will continue until 2019 - no confirmed end date.

Have I missed anything?

The first post was...

CBR - refurbishment/building work

Here's what we know about it so far:
Old port Royal - the hub of the resort to close for a total refurb 1st May 2017.
Facilities that will be shut:
•Food court
•Shutters table service restaurant, •Calypso trading shop
•Concierge and recreation areas of Old Port Royale
•Banana Cabana bar(situated just outside of OPR)
•Barbados and Martinique villages to be 'unavailable' from May 2017

Building work noise may be heard between either 9am until dusk(from recent e-mail) or 9am until 4pm(from original e-mail)

And while they work their 'magic' over the coming months: •Centertown(a large marquee style tent) will serve a Caribbean buffet breakfast and a la carte dinner
•a wide selection of grab-and-go meals will be available in the island markets of Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.
•Guests can refill their resort mugs with beverages from Coca-Cola freestyle machines which will be available throughout the resort.
Room pizza delivery will still be available
•Guests will receive $25 per room per night gift card on checking in at hotel
•At the moment guests are able to transfer to POR without charge while keeping their existing offers that they received at time of booking(dining plans, gifts cards)

As far as I know, no opening/closing times available, or times that drinks will be able to be refilled or menus available.

Plans have been submitted to build a multi storey building on land where Barbados and part of Martinique villages currently sit, and to work on roads and waterways.

Work will continue until 2019 - no confirmed end date.

Have I missed anything?

The first post was...

The first post was...

Hello,

I thought this may be of interest to anyone going to CBR over the next couple of years.

https://DIBB.in/12292669

Permits have been filed for a large expansion project at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.

'The addition of 7 new buildings will include one large multi-level building, which appears to be home to a large number of guest rooms.

Plans show that the new large building will occupy land that is part of the existing Barbados village of the resort, which will presumably be demolished for the expansion.

Along with new construction, there are also changes planed for the roadways and retention ponds.

Work is planned to begin in 2017, with completion in 2019. It isn't clear yet whether Disney Vacation Club villas will be part of the development, and Disney has not yet made any official announcement of the project.
Please feel free to carry on...
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow another 500 posts already! This must be one of the most popular threads ever and i for one am very grateful for it!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Hey natanddaz, I'm not sure about popular, at times I've dreaded opening the thread, but yes, I've been very grateful for all the information. I would quite possibly still be in the dark if it wasn't for this post, thanks cha cha.

I've read every single post but sadly not with my happy face on that I usually have when I'm Dibbing.

At least now a lot of people seem to be getting resolutions due to the power of the Dibb.
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Wow another 500 posts already! This must be one of the most popular threads ever and i for one am very grateful for it!
I agree. Also if this thread is going to quieten down now, due to (hopefully) people finally getting sorted, I'd like to thank Cha Cha for starting it and Papamouse for being such a star. He's kept us all in stitches, been looking out for us all (is happy happy yet? ) been our advocate on Twitter (will Virgin always be @big babies in my mind?) he must have been a well deserved thorn in the side of Thomson and Thomas Cook too. Basically in my mind he sums up everything the Dibb should be. Also thanks to all my fellow CBR Dibbers who watched aghast as all our dream holidays went bosom up and Disney made getting it sorted such an impossible task. This whole Disney generated fiasco is summed up perfectly by our twitter war cry "#nopixiedust. May I wish you all a magical trip to the happiest place on earth
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My MDE hasn't updated with PO after sorting out the move 8 days ago. Anyone else had the same? I have the new invoice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by PhilNUK View Post
My MDE hasn't updated with PO after sorting out the move 8 days ago. Anyone else had the same? I have the new invoice
My MDE is still showing CBR too but if you have your reference number you can log in to manage my booking on this link disneyholidays/walt...ge-my-booking/

When I check on this link it has my updated resort.
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

It really has been great seeing everyone come together to give help and advice on this thread BIG THANKYOU to you all
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Hopefully when you are all sat at a Disney bar somewhere spending your €75 on a few glowtinis (my personal recommendation is then at at beach club) then you last few weeks of worry and phone queuing will be a distant memory x
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I agree. Also if this thread is going to quieten down now, due to (hopefully) people finally getting sorted, I'd like to thank Cha Cha for starting it and Papamouse for being such a star. He's kept us all in stitches, been looking out for us all (is happy happy yet? ) been our advocate on Twitter (will Virgin always be @big babies in my mind?) he must have been a well deserved thorn in the side of Thomson and Thomas Cook too. Basically in my mind he sums up everything the Dibb should be. Also thanks to all my fellow CBR Dibbers who watched aghast as all our dream holidays went bosom up and Disney made getting it sorted such an impossible task. This whole Disney generated fiasco is summed up perfectly by our twitter war cry "#nopixiedust. May I wish you all a magical trip to the happiest place on earth
Ah bless you - although I'm glad that the thread is quieting down, I'll kind of miss catching with everyone, we'll all be dispersed to different threads around the Dibb after this.

But I am so glad that we've seen so many happy endings, collectively we've been on hold for hundreds of hours, but we're almost there now.

You're right Papa Mouse has been fab - keeping us all going, had me chuckling away reading his posts 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I am more than happy to help every single genuine dibber - fix their tv, relationship advice, I am the crack legal team they talk about in the movie, cheer up fairy nuff, make happy coffee, spoil game of thrones for Jas, agree on everything with mr T, disagree on everything with gipetto, laugh at BB, were a dress for QE ad there are far too more genuine real dibbers to mention sorry if I missed anyone.

And in this case I a happy to get the best deal Disney are willing to offer for every real dibber (including ME)

I hope this thread keeps strong, but real life always kicks in.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread