Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Just missed a call from guest care! Calling back now...
Fingers crossed!

Just got update from ABTA they are now liaising with Thomson... wonder if that's why I got a call from Thomson this morning?

Certainly am going round and round but I'm going to continue to fight my case!
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well Thomas Cook have just called to say that they are still in talks with Disney and that at the moment there is no sign that Disney are backing down and Disney are saying it won't affect the enjoyment of our holiday and noise will be kept to a minimum!
I wasn't impressed by this and mentioned that people booking direct with Disney have now been moved. The lady in the store said she would call the ops team again and let them know and she said she felt sorry for us as she herself wouldn't want to stay on a building site!
She even found a you tube video of someone by the pool listening to the construction noise whilst lounging on a sun lounger!
I will give them one more week to sort - I'm generous! before I start emailing my official complaint as to be fair I need to give them reasonable time to sort things out.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Just missed a call from guest care! Calling back now...
Good luck!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Good luck!
Impossible to get through to that person after 20 mins wait, luckily she also emailed me so I could email her back to ask for another call later. Will post an update!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Impossible to get through to that person after 20 mins wait, luckily she also emailed me so I could email her back to ask for another call later. Will post an update!
It sounds promising, I have everything crossed for you x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

We are due to stay at CSR in august, booked through Orlando Attractions. I did send them an email when this all kicked off and got a reply back simply stating that Disney were not compensating CSR visitors and that should things change they would let us know.
We left it there, not particularly happy but at the same time we know the problem lies with Disney and not sure what hounding orlando attractions would achieve? Should we be pestering them so that they in turn pester Disney?
On the other hand, we were considering just turning up to CSR, assessing how bad it is and then arguing the toss to be moved face to face with a disney CM. Not an ideal start to a holiday we know, but sometimes its more effective when you are stood in front of them?
any thoughts?

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
We are due to stay at CSR in august, booked through Orlando Attractions. I did send them an email when this all kicked off and got a reply back simply stating that Disney were not compensating CSR visitors and that should things change they would let us know.
We left it there, not particularly happy but at the same time we know the problem lies with Disney and not sure what hounding orlando attractions would achieve? Should we be pestering them so that they in turn pester Disney?
On the other hand, we were considering just turning up to CSR, assessing how bad it is and then arguing the toss to be moved face to face with a disney CM. Not an ideal start to a holiday we know, but sometimes its more effective when you are stood in front of them?
any thoughts?
Afternoon
As you've booked via OA your first point of contact is with them. This may make it difficult as Disney are unable to assist you if you phone them and will not entertain any kind of conversation with you. I booked with OA last year and they were really good, but my advice would be to seek daily/weekly updates to let them know you haven't forgotten and you want a resolution. It also depends on what outcome you want. For example, I knew enough in my own mind that we wanted to move resorts, and as we booked directly I explained the reasons why, and we were eventually moved - but had to pay. After some time though, I fought for that charge to be reimbursed because hang on, isn't it Disneys fault that our enjoyment/honeymoon is going to be impacted? Absolutely, so the onus is on them.

If you're on the fence about it, maybe hang fire with making any rash decision. However, It is entirely up to you how you approach it, whether before hand on the phone/email or in person.

I think why me and some other people are angered at Disney is because we know we want to move, we know people are being offered this for free, and we know not everyone is being treated the same. Good luck with what ever you decide
Old 17 Mar 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
VIP Dibber

Update: just had the call from Disney

Unbelievable no free move or compensation, they offered 1 fast pass per day of my stay !

Angry 😡 , the cast member at CSR says The ongoing works at the resort wouldn't impact your holiday, that's ok for them they Haven't forked out £5000 to stay there

Will be writing again on Monday
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Pop Century May 2023 & Christmas New Year 2023/2024
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rossmasa View Post

Unbelievable no free move or compensation, they offered 1 fast pass per day of my stay !

Angry 😡 , the cast member at CSR says The ongoing works at the resort wouldn't impact your holiday, that's ok for them they Haven't forked out £5000 to stay there

That is so disheartening.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rossmasa View Post

Oh wow, I guess that's what they were calling me about too then. I'm lowering my expectations... I asked them to call me back after work.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread