Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Just an update. Disney have finally come through for me i had to push but we now have offers of
1) suits at art of animation for ALL 3 rooms
2) cabins at fort wilderness

Tried to push for SSR but no availaility apparently.

Off now to do some research
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Just an update. Disney have finally come through for me i had to push but we now have offers of

That's great news. two very different propositions though. Nearly comes down to space vs convenience. We took a move to the cabins but I have second guessed myself on that a few times after a bit of research. are you on dining plan
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Julieski View Post
Hi Folks,
I keep reading people saying they have emails (generic or personal) stating their offers- $75 etc. The ones saying Dear Guest... So I was wondering if those of you who got these are those who booked directly with Disney? As I've said before, my TA has been less than helpful and we certainly didn't get any official/unofficial emails stating our offer. We've not had a peep from Disney.
Can I also ask how people have got extra FPs? We've not been offered anything extra and Disney UK refused to speak to me because I've booked with a TA.
Thanks again...
We got an email booked with Disney direct, don't think those who booked with TAs did (though your TA should have contacted you). You will get the $75 gift card though because you haven't been offered any money off your total invoice (some who booked with Disney have and Orlando attractions, don't think any who booked through a TA were offered this). The offer was £50 off your invoice or $75 gift card.

Extra fastpasses were offered to very few dibbers a few months ago (most people weren't offered these) and not something that they are offering any more.

Edited at 04:02 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Hi Folks,
I keep reading people saying they have emails (generic or personal) stating their offers- $75 etc. The ones saying Dear Guest... So I was wondering if those of you who got these are those who booked directly with Disney? As I've said before, my TA has been less than helpful and we certainly didn't get any official/unofficial emails stating our offer. We've not had a peep from Disney.
Can I also ask how people have got extra FPs? We've not been offered anything extra and Disney UK refused to speak to me because I've booked with a TA.
Thanks again...
We got "Dear Guest... $75gc" email, and yes booked directly with Disney
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Fantastic news, did they give you a time scale on how long these offers will last?
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

That's great news! Glad they've given you a few options
Old 22 May 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GarstonPops
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by QueenElsa View Post
I formally accepted my $75 in writing with no response but this made no difference - just in case you were counting on them accepting that. They told me you need something from them addressed to offering you both in the same email / phonecall - doesn't matter if you accept it.

Good luck though xx
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I sort of got this. What I was trying to find out was whether everyone had now rolled over and accepted that it's never going to happen, or whether as a group it was felt worth battling on. If it's generally thought the case is lost I will smile sweetly, think of England, and move on.
GarstonPops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GarstonPops View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I sort of got this. What I was trying to find out was whether everyone had now rolled over and accepted that it's never going to happen, or whether as a group it was felt worth battling on. If it's generally thought the case is lost I will smile sweetly, think of England, and move on.
I had been convinced what I had was enough - then folks started checking in with more water tight offers and got turned down, coupled with the reports from the resort about the work & the marmite food options I just felt it wasn't worth the risk & we moved.

It's wedding for me & first trip for most of the family so wasn't worth the extra stress.

The move is financially more than £700 & GC but obviously just not as beneficial for us but the weight was lifted.

That said - still ask upon check in and present your email. You never know!
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi Folks,
Thanks again...
Your having no luck with this one. I'm sure you'll get the GC but I would sit (literally if need be) on your travel agent for a written confirmation to put your mind at rest
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GarstonPops View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Even though it doesn't really affect my anymore as I moved, the impression I have got over the last 2 or 3 weeks is the more people have battled with wduk, the more they have dug their heels in to the point now they've flagged people's bookings to make sure no double discount is given (whereas before, the first few checking in got the £50 and $75).

Edited at 04:50 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread