Old 13 Oct 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessfiona View Post
He will go all grrrrrr on me...
Well done - I took your post seriously until that point!

I imagine Disney will use the $50-$75/nt to clean the room.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
So when guests go to the parks for the day ,what do they do with the dog ?
Im guessing " Best Friends Day Care" ..
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

I would ask for the room to be deep cleaned, the sue first ask questions later culture should really ensure you get a clean room!
Noise such as barking or other just report it. Sure others will as well. Won't be acceptable in hotel.
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Well done - I took your post seriously until that point!

I imagine Disney will use the $50-$75/nt to clean the room.

still haven't told him yet
Yeah hadn't thought of the extra cost being used for the deep clean. I, just getting anxious as cant find an email address to contact them direct before we go to ask for a non pet room. We booked with Thomsons so may have to do all the contacting though them

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don’t like the thought of this . I love dogs but I don’t want to stay in a room that has had dogs in and what sort of place is it for a dog anyway ? I understand guide dogs but any dogs isn’t a good idea in my opinion
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Totally against it. If I get a survey I will be mentioning it.
It was bad enough she staying at the Boardwalk during Irma.

I would refuse to stay in any room that had had a dog staying in it previously regardless of whether it was cleaned or not.
What next dogs in the parks?

Edited at 09:23 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I adore dogs but sadly my Wife won't have one in the house. But I can understand this.
I was so pleased to see all the dogs in the Resorts when we were there during Irma. Safe and being looked after.
As long as the rooms are designated for dog usage I have no issues at all as I believe they add colour to the Resorts.
However with fleas and other issues I wouldn't stay in a room after one.

I very much doubt this will have much take up.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
There’s a huge amount of over reaction going on here.
There are loads of hotels in the UK which take dogs. I imagine that Disney will do what other hotels do. There will be specific dog rooms/ areas, no one will be forced to use a ‘dog room’. I expect that they will be specially cleaned (hence the premium) and I’d expect the resorts to reserve an area for ‘walkies’ etc. Most hotels do not allow you to leave your dog in the room - in the original article it suggests that guests will have to use the pet daycare centres.
As for assistance dogs, they’re not all labradors you know. I have a friend who has an autistic son who has a small Jack Russell as an emotional assistance dog. In our FE College we have an emotional assistance dog (Mr Muttley) who works with students with autistic spectrum conditions. He even has his own ID card!
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
There are loads of hotels in the UK which take dogs. I imagine that Disney will do what other hotels do. There will be specific dog rooms/ areas, no one will be forced to use a ‘dog room’. I expect that they will be specially cleaned (hence the premium) and I’d expect the resorts to reserve an area for ‘walkies’ etc. Most hotels do not allow you to leave your dog in the room - in the original article it suggests that guests will have to use the pet daycare centres.
As for assistance dogs, they’re not all labradors you know. I have a friend who has an autistic son who has a small Jack Russell as an emotional assistance dog. In our FE College we have an emotional assistance dog (Mr Muttley) who works with students with autistic spectrum conditions. He even has his own ID card!
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s unfair to say people are overreacting .
Some people just don’t like dogs and that’s totally understandable especially going from dog free hotels to now allowing any dogs not just guide/ assistant dogs .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I would refuse to stay in a room in the UK if a dog had previously stayed in it as well.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List