Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
Yes I originally did this for 2018. We booked my OH into a room and just paid £50 deposit as with our honeymoon in June we weren’t sure if we could afford Disney in October too. We found some bargain flights over Xmas and then we called up to add me onto the booking in january, paid the additional £50 deposit for me and all is sorted and I have DDP too.
Excellent. I'd read the theory but wanted to check it had worked for someone
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

I hadn’t thought of doing that so thank you for the idea.We’re going to book in April for next year but not 100% sure if we can do it so this would mean losing less money if we ended up having to cancel.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sistershandy View Post
We have flights booked 27th Dec-6th January and can't get a price for hotel yet (unless we go through US site which I may well do as there won't be any dining discount at that time of year! )
Hi there could I please possibly ask how much you paid for flights and who did you book with. We're looking to go at xmas/New Year but haven't got a clue where to start or what a good price is.

Thanks ever so much 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Hi there could I please possibly ask how much you paid for flights and who did you book with. We're looking to go at xmas/New Year but haven't got a clue where to start or what a good price is.

Thanks ever so much 😊.
Of course!
We booked a fly drive with Virgin Holidays to fly direct for 2 adults and 2 children and it cost £2500 in total which seemed a great price. We hadn’t actually started looking properly or really decided if we were going for sure but snapped the flights up! We won’t use the car as it’ll be cheaper to hire separately than pay the upgrade for the monster we’ll need for all of the luggage (kids, not ours &#128514 but still good value for us!
sistershandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Has anyone done the trick of just booking 1 person in a room with free DDP so only paying £50 deposit and adding more people to the booking after? Did you get the same offer for the additional people?
Just wondering about doing this if they release prices at same time as free DDP.
We did this, too. Booked in 2016 for myself in 2017 just to secure the room. I was pregnant when we booked and unsure, if we wanted to go back with a baby. He was the easiest going baby, ever, so I added DH, DD and the new baby in summer 2017 with no issues. DD and DH both got the free dining plan, as if they had always been on the booking.
I'll be doing the same again this year, just because losing 50£ is better than losing 150£, should something come up.
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.
Craft-ique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread