Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Think I’ve emailed all the emails possible but haven’t heard anything yet !
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
Construction video

Thanks for doing that missybpink.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jonny_b View Post
Think I’ve emailed all the emails possible but haven’t heard anything yet !
Normally takes at least 2 working days to get any sort of reply. Let us know what they say 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I saw a copy of a letter on one of the sites indicating that Spyglass grille the QS at TS should open April this year - that's about the only good news coming out of CBR at the moment! 😳
Thanks Cha Cha

Good luck to all of those of you speaking to Disney, I really feel like they should have done one project at at time, it would have been much better and not impacted guests so much

I will make sure to give you all an update when I return in May
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Just caught up on the last few pages Of the old thread! Here we go again 🙁 . We haven’t got any flights booked yet anyway, but have cbr booked again for 21st August which was apparently just after the food court was due to open. Thought second time lucky!

I knew there would still be construction going on but the foodcourt is important to us (and why we moved last year). So I wonder if they’ll be offering compensation again lol.

I’m sure when we booked they had already announced the mid August opening... anyone know when that was?

I know lots of people said it didn’t affect their holiday last year and they still had a great time but then they also had £50 off per night or $75 to soften the blow (or $75 + $75 or $75 + £50 lol).

Can’t believe nearly a year on we’re back here again.

We’ve unfortunately booked with Orlando attractions this year so can’t call Disney this time, will have to just see how it all pans out 🙁 .
We booked in July and were advised it would be finished on 16/8 ...
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saldisney18 View Post
We booked in July and were advised it would be finished on 16/8 ...
Thanks, I thought it was well before we booked in the October.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Yeah I read that post too Macadoo. Are you going to see in OA will move you to another resort or see if any comp being offered?
It's like Groundhog Day all of this isn't it 😕
It is 🙁 . They’ve got to offer something as most people booked thinking the food court would be open, hopefully it’ll all be a bit more organised than last year.

I’m not sure what we’ll do yet we really wouldn’t want to stay at por again, last year was the third time and as lovely as it is we need a change. Don’t fancy fq or csr so might hold out to see if they offer some incentive to stay at cbr and just use it as a base.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I was just reading the disboards and someone on there a regular ‘in the know with Disney’ has confirmed that it’s been delayed and now December opening. It’s strange because it’s normally the other way round, Disney direct bookings get informed (eventually) with virgin some weeks/months later.

I’m annoyed now I booked with OA so can’t call Disney so would be great if you can let us know what they respond.
Of course I will. We, like you, booked on the basis that the food court would be open, the recent video worries me because it looks so much worse than I thought it would by this point. 3 lots of large construction (riveira/food court/Sky gondola) all at once is an eyesore, and I'm now kicking myself that we changed from AKL 😩

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I contacted Virgin and asked if they will move us. Gave me a load of flannel saying in their personal opinion they wouldn't move resorts, and I'll lose my dining pan etc. I've gone back to them and said that I'm not getting the amenities as expected because it was due to re-open on 18th August. Anyhoo, waiting for a reply.
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p/EnPyUF.
Just sharing as i found it odd.
Its a screen grab of reply to a trip adviser review.
Janet is replying to a negative review and advises of riom renovation at the CBR inc new bathrooms and new flooring ?
Since when.
Its just a limk to the screangrab on my flickr account as forgot my photobucket password.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 04:38 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread