Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool & Bar Refurb

Just received the following email from The Walt Disney Travel Company stating they are "Reimagining the Uzima Springs Pool and the Uzima Springs Pool Bar during your stay"

We're staying at AKL during Sept 2018, has anybody else received this email? To close the main pool is devastating! Can they do this? We're going in 5 months, so it's not like we can save extra to change resorts now!

Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we wanted to make you aware that the Resort will be reimagining the Uzima Springs Pool and the Uzima Springs Pool Bar during your stay.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear our work in progress, but noise will not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. Please rest assured that we are making every effort to ensure that there is minimal impact to your stay and as a result we are delighted to invite you to make a splash at the nearby Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar in the Kidani Village area of the Resort.

The team at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas are making access to the Samawati Springs pool more convenient than ever. Whilst Kidani Village is only a short walk a few minutes away from Jambo House, the Resort are also providing complimentary short shuttle transportation between the two locations to ensure that you can make full use of features like the 128-foot waterslide and water playground Uwanja Camp for our younger guests.

General Manager Kent Mitchell and the team at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

For assistance with your reservation, please contact our Disney Experts on 0800 028 1075.

Kind Regards,

Guest Care

Walt Disney Travel Company International

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Dan Horrocks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

The same is happening at CS. From what I’ve read on here (there is a thread about it) some people have been able to move resorts. I’d contact whoever you booked with and see what they say.
Old 8 May 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
The same is happening at CS. From what I’ve read on here (there is a thread about it) some people have been able to move resorts. I’d contact whoever you booked with and see what they say.
We've booked direct with Disney, will have to give them a call I guess. If anybody else has contacted them already I'd be curious to what they've said!
Old 8 May 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

The Kidani pool is lovely but a fair bit smaller than the Jambo house one. if I was at Jambo house I’d be very unhappy with the pool closed.
Old 8 May 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The Kidani pool is lovely but a fair bit smaller than the Jambo house one. if I was at Jambo house I’d be very unhappy with the pool closed.
That's what I thought / read. We watched Tim Tracker's resort tour and it's not exactly a few minute walk either.
Old 8 May 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smnth134
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Just had the same email too!

I’m absolutely gutted as it’s our first time on site!

Following with interest to see what Disney say - no option to cancel as our flights are all sorted! I doubt there will be much space elsewhere after the SSR allocation mistakes
smnth134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
Just had the same email too!

I’m absolutely gutted as it’s our first time on site!

Following with interest to see what Disney say - no option to cancel as our flights are all sorted! I doubt there will be much space elsewhere after the SSR allocation mistakes
Same here - by the sounds of things the pool is going to be closed for quite some time!
Old 8 May 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smnth134
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dan Horrocks View Post
Same here - by the sounds of things the pool is going to be closed for quite some time!
It definitely does!

I wonder if they will try and do something similar to CBR and offer an amount on gift cards for each night?
smnth134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

I've sent Disney an email asking for options, we're certainly not prepared to stay at AKL with the pool and bar closed, so we'll wait and see. At the very least I would want the option of a full refund of deposit, but it would be nice if an alternative deluxe resort was available for the same price, probably wishful thinking though.

I'll be watching the threads to see what people are offered, to see what "precedent" is set.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
I wonder if they will try and do something similar to CBR and offer an amount on gift cards for each night?
That was a fiasco in itself!
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List