Old 8 May 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smnth134
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
That was a fiasco in itself!
Oh really?

I know refurbishments are unavoidable but it hasn’t been a good year or two for Disney on that front has it
smnth134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
karlos3
I want to go now!

Just on phone now no other resorts available unless I want to pay loads of $$$$,on hold now to somebody higher up .
karlos3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
Oh really?

I know refurbishments are unavoidable but it hasn’t been a good year or two for Disney on that front has it
Nope, it's one resort mess after another! They really need to plan this further in advance so us UK guests who book 1-2 years before can plan accordingly.
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by karlos3 View Post
Just on phone now no other resorts available unless I want to pay loads of $$$$,on hold now to somebody higher up .
Let us know how you can get on! I can see Disney being busy over the next couple of days.
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

I've just got off the phone as we're there in October.

Deluxe availability is extremely limited for our dates, particularly for 15 nights. After a long call we've moved to a 1 bed in SSR. Despite it being less the amendment fee was waived.

We'd been looking forward to AKL but the pool is a deal breaker so pleased with the switch.

EDIT: Just logged into MDE and the resort change is already there

Edited at 05:26 PM.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by smnth134 View Post
Oh really?

It’s the way they throw the word “reimagining” around that gets me - is it closed or not? It’s literally their new favourite word. “Reimagine” what you like (I get that it’s important to refurbish) but if you’re closing important facilities that people have paid for as part of their hotel booking then you should be compensating (and Disney do not like to have to do that)...
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
I've just got off the phone as we're there in October.

Deluxe availability is extremely limited for our dates, particularly for 15 nights. After a long call we've moved to a 1 bed in SSR. Despite it being less the amendment fee was waived.

We'd been looking forward to AKL but the pool is a deal breaker so pleased with the switch.

EDIT: Just logged into MDE and the resort change is already there
Barry, SSR is lovely we’ve just returned from there, close to Disney Springs, I think the location is better, we had a fantastic time, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it and you’ll have a full kitchen and washer and dryer
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

For those interested, full announcements here. I wouldn't be too pleased in Kidani either, given it will be potentially swamped with way more guests than it was designed to handle.

Beginning September 2018 and continuing until Winter 2018 the Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar are scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. During this time Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be available. Brief rides via shuttle transportation will be provided to and from Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House. It is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.
From August 2018 until Fall 2019 Disney's Animal Kingdom – Jambo House is undergoing some refurbishment projects. It is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.
Old 8 May 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Just another thought, you’d not want a pool view room during that period would you, and they cost a fair bit more than standard views!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

As an aside, I suspect the masses of renovations (including SSR next year, some BWV this Spring and all the obvious ones like OKW, Pop, Caribbean etc ) are bringing all the resorts up to full spec, as they increase prices heading to Star Wars and the 50th.
Disney are spending serious money on infrastructure, it's quite amazing when you think about all the work they are doing. And Star Wars hotel hasn't started going up yet.
Did you see them pouring Gaurdians of the Galaxy coaster footings? 300 cement truck loads were used in a day I think it was.