Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Beach club or yacht club

We are a family of 8 and have decided on Yacht or Beach Club for 5 nights in 2 rooms next august

My only decision now is which one, I know they are sister resorts but the beach club looks a little more relaxed and child friendly, but i love the idea of a full balcony

Any advice?

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We did beach club in 2018. We really liked it and were lucky enough to get a full balcony. The location of Y&B was excellent. Although we were desperate for a full balcony we probably only stepped on it 2-3 in our 7 night stay.
When we booked for 2020 we still booked YC with the balcony being the main reason. This was for July so most likely won’t have experienced both for some time 😩
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We thoughtlong and hard which to book, and decided upon Yacht in the end, hard choice, I think it came down to room decor!

That holiday is supposed to be this coming September but I'm losing hope that it will go ahead. Was so looking forward to going IN the pool and not just gazing in from outside too!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
We did beach club in 2018. We really liked it and were lucky enough to get a full balcony. The location of Y&B was excellent. Although we were desperate for a full balcony we probably only stepped on it 2-3 in our 7 night stay.
When we booked for 2020 we still booked YC with the balcony being the main reason. This was for July so most likely won’t have experienced both for some time 😩
im so torn! they both look lovely and if beach club all had full balconies i would definatley book there

we have spent a lot of time previously on our balcony at the grove

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We thought long and hard which to book, and decided upon Yacht in the end, hard choice, I think it came down to room decor!

That holiday is supposed to be this coming September but I'm losing hope that it will go ahead. Was so looking forward to going IN the pool and not just gazing in from outside too!
i do love the room decor at the yacht club, i suppose im a bit worried that it is more upmarket than the beach club and people go there for peace and queue!

fingers crossed for your holiday

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I stayed at Beach Club last year, it was awful, had several problems and Disney have given me 5 complimentary nights at the deluxe of my choice.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I stayed at the Beach Club last year too. Never had a single problem.
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

We stayed ten nights at the yacht club with 2 kids. Couldn’t fault it but think we would choose beach club next time tho simply because there’s no quick service food options in the yacht club. Wanted pizza a few nights for in room, or snacks early morning for breakfast and was a trek there and back 🙈 #allaboutthefood
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We love both and have stayed at both many times.

Yacht is quieter, the shop (both clothes and food) is more geared towards adults, although does cater for children.

Beach Club is more child orientated, busier, and has the kids club.

We have stayed in both, with and without our children but if we have the children we tend to go with Beach. When we go without we try and get Yacht because it is generally quieter in the corridors, shop, small pool area etc.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I stayed at YC for five nights last year. For me it was an easy choice as we had previously visited and YC seemed a bit more adult in ambience and we are two adults. We found the reception area at YC quiet and relaxing whereas BC was usually quite busy. The buses pick up at YC first and guaranteed seating whereas at BC some people would always be left standing. I didn’t care about the balcony when I booked, but in the end I did find myself using it every morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed in YC in Aug 19 with our two boys then 8 and 15. We had a great time and although we were furthest away (wood view) walking wasnt a problem. We were closer to Boardwalk for example. YC also have food options in their shop but BC have more so we tended to use that one. I would go with whatever room was cheapes and if I had very young children probably BC.