Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jul 10, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

OMG, what do I do. Thanks Leanne and Clare, oooooh its so hard.

Which is more adult based ? We were hoping to watch the fireworks at CBR, can you see these from either of the resorts.

I dont know what to do... I feel quite pleased now... x

P.s. may I also ask which one is nearer to Downtown Disney too please ? xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having stayed at CBR I'd take the upgrade, especially if you're offered a 1 bedroom at no extra charge! Is it definitely free as there's a bit of a price difference between a studio and a one bedroom? We've opted for OKW this year and I think the room layout for either a studio or one bedroom looks better than SSR. You can get a boat from OKW to DTD.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jbrockwell5081
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Definately go for it. Personally I would go for SSR over OKW.
jbrockwell5081 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I've just looked at the prices (for our dates) and CBR to OKW isn't an upgrade as OKW is cheaper for a studio. If it's a one bedroom then it is.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I personally prefer SSR to OKW. But we had a studio at OKW which to be honest, was horrible. However the 1 beds are supposed to be lovely. They are refurbishing at the moment so not sure if that would affect your decision.

Have only stayed at a studio at SSR and loved it. I don't know how the 1 bed at SSR compares to the 1 bed at OKW. But we prefer the decor at SSR, its more modern looking.

You can walk to DTD from SSR or catch the little boat. I'm not sure about OKW as we didn't try getting to DTD from there.

Its a nice decision to have. I would agree with a previous poster that the values are more fun for the children(not sure about the mods as never stayed there) as you don't get so much of the theming at the deluxe resorts. But as its just the two of you, you would probably prefer one of the deluxe villa resorts I would say.

But no matter what you decide, I would recommend you avoid the studio at OKW.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jbrockwell5081
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
We have stayed in both a 1 bed at OKW and at SSR; can't comment on what they may be like now if they are being refurb'd but when we stayed we didn't like OKW. The rooms (we asked to be moved more than once) were quite shabby and all seemed to be really dark. We also found it very noisy with the buses, but didn't seem to get these issues at SSR.
jbrockwell5081 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

We've got the upgrade letter too! POR v's SSR v's OKW?

Hiya

It looks like the upgrade letter is doing the rounds! We're booked into POR for 2 weeks and have had the Disney letter offering us SSR with studio/kitchenette or OKW 1 bed apartment.

We're with our 2 year old so it may be nice to have a separate living area for when Clemmie has gone to bed, but what does everyone think? I was really looking forward to POR but now I'm in two minds!

All thoughts welcome about how the resorts will suit travelling with a toddler.

Thanks!
Claire

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd go for it and would opt for OKW as it looks lovely! Probably overbooked somewhere!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love POR, but if I had a 2 year old I would definitely take the extra space. You can always still visit POR whilst there and have a look around.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 10, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
I'd go for it and would opt for OKW as it looks lovely! Probably overbooked somewhere!
oh dear, does that mean if we stay at the CBR, its going to be heaving ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread

Tags
old key west resort, saratoga springs resort