Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 12, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you had a great time, could I ask how deep the pools were. We found that the pool at AKL and HRH were not really deep enough for an adult to swim in. Thanks Carol

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you had a good time, we go in September so its nice to hear everything was ok.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveDisney2012
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Joolz1910 View Post
Welcome home! We are staying at OKW in a 1 bed for our first ever WDW trip in October. We will have to eat at Olivia's because my eldest DD's name is Olivia.

I see you had a party of 5 (like us) did you find the 1 bed big enough?
Hi Juliette

OMG, big enough? ... it was huggggeee!

The bathroom was the size of my front room...

Me and DH slept in the kingsize bed (admittedly another 3 people could of got in with us and we wouldn't of noticed), my twin girls age 12 slept in the sofa bed (they said it was very comfortable and I didn't hear them arguing about space! ) and my son age 10 slept on the sleeper chair (very comfortable as well, memory foam mattress).

The size is hard to comprehend until you get there... but believe me there is plenty of space.

We left the beds made up the whole time, there was still the other sofa to sit on and the table and chairs.

OKW 2012
CB 2018
POFQ 2020
CS 2022
LoveDisney2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveDisney2012
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by happy08 View Post
Glad you had a great time, could I ask how deep the pools were. We found that the pool at AKL and HRH were not really deep enough for an adult to swim in. Thanks Carol
The main pool is not ideal for swimming lengths as such, due to its layout but it was plenty deep enough, i could not touch the bottom in the deepest part (admittedly I am only 5'5'')

The smaller pools are more set up for swimming, I would say 3' to 5' deep

OKW 2012
CB 2018
POFQ 2020
CS 2022
LoveDisney2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LoveDisney2012 View Post
Just got back from 2 weeks at Old Key West... absolutely fabulous

Stayed in Millers Road in a 1 bed villa.

Anyone got any questions/queries, please ask and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge

Also, on the DDP, we ate at Trex, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Liberty Tree Tavern and Whispering Canyon Cafe, Sci-Fi Diner and Olivia's.
Glad u had a great holiday.

We are going to SSR in Sept and looking at booking our ADR's next month and you went to alot of the restaurants we are considering and I would love your comments on them.

We are considering both T-rex and Rainforest cafe as our son is 4 and think he would love the setting. Is it worth it and is the food good?

Also thinking Whispering Canyon whats ur thoughts?

I have read some poor reviews of Chef Mickeys so was going to give it a miss, what did u think?

Lasy question honestly lol...we havent considered the Hoop-Dee-Doo but have read so many good reviews, would you recommend it?

Thanks
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LoveDisney2012 View Post
Also, on the DDP, we ate at Trex, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Liberty Tree Tavern and Whispering Canyon Cafe, Sci-Fi Diner and Olivia's.
Hi and welcome back any views on Hoop-Dee-Doo, LTT and WCC?
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh this post has just made me more excited! We are staying at OKW for the first time in September and it sounds fab! I have read a lot of reviews saying it's a very spread out resort, did you have a car while you were there or did you use the buses?
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We are staying at OKW for the first time in August..5 of us in a 2 bed villa...sounds like it will be plenty big eneough for us then. Looking forward to it so much already
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveDisney2012
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by mrscrimbo View Post
Glad u had a great holiday.

We are going to SSR in Sept and looking at booking our ADR's next month and you went to alot of the restaurants we are considering and I would love your comments on them.

We are considering both T-rex and Rainforest cafe as our son is 4 and think he would love the setting. Is it worth it and is the food good?

Also thinking Whispering Canyon whats ur thoughts?

I have read some poor reviews of Chef Mickeys so was going to give it a miss, what did u think?

Lasy question honestly lol...we havent considered the Hoop-Dee-Doo but have read so many good reviews, would you recommend it?

Thanks
TRex - great atmosphere, terrific setting (all my kids loved it), the menu choice is good, great for carnivores... my NY strip steak was fab - we went twice it was so good.

Rainforest Cafe - loved the place, menu was terrific, lots of choice and great fun

Whispering Canyon - I was quite disappointed, heard lots of good reviews about how the fun the place was, found it mediocre and the food wasn't my favorite. We had the all you care to eat skillets, was ok but not excellent

Chef Mickey's - breakfast was excellent, the character interaction over in a flash, the place is just too busy, Mickey mouse didn't seem interested in us at all... IMO not worth the money $32 each for brekkie? Crystal Palace was much better.

Hoop-Dee-Doo - great night out, well worth the 2 credits, the entertainment is funny, my kids were engrossed. The food was ok, plenty of it, our server was fantastic (seems the tip is already included, we left her an extra $10 as she was so attentive and good). Me and DH asked for a bud light (alcohol is included) and she brought us out a huge pitcher...felt a bit woosy when we left
Something i didn't know was they arrange buses straight back to your resort afterwards, we shared with SS and PO, but OKW was first drop-off.

Sorry for waffling...

OKW 2012
CB 2018
POFQ 2020
CS 2022
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveDisney2012
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by cdz View Post
Hi and welcome back any views on Hoop-Dee-Doo, LTT and WCC?
Thanks, already mentioned Hoop-Dee-Doo and WCC.

As for LTT...this was our longest wait for a table even with an ADR, we had booked dinner at 6:30pm and was not seated until 7:15pm...the place was heaving. IMO the food was great, served family style, they brought sliced turkey, beef and pork, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac n' cheese and cowboy beans to your table and you could request more. 2 of my kids don't like the mashed potato so she brought a dish of fries for them which I thought was good. Dessert was Craisin pie and ice cream (cranberry raisin type pudding) - was very good though.

OKW 2012
CB 2018
POFQ 2020
CS 2022
Closed Thread