Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 12, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Now I will get worried if they do that Jules. What I find strange is that on checking tripadvisor, one lady there said she had contacted TC and they had confirmed to her it would be closed in July when she was booked. The lady had also contacted the hotel who confirmed to her. How can customers find out before the blooming tour operator - or are they just not bothered, no skin of their noses I suppose !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 12, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

OK just called Choice Hotels and they called the hotel directly - it is defo closed for works! Do I just sit and wait on Thomas Cook getting back to me - they again stated this morning they knew nothing about it Do you think they are doing this as they dont want to have to upgrade us all !
Old 2 Apr 12, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Digitalspy
Trying for More Ears

Right so travel agents said they were going to "investigate" and would get back to me in 24 hours.

I sent an email from the contact us section on the econo-lodge website this is the reply I got
Thank you for your email Liam,

While I do understand that this message was intended for the hotel directly, it was inadvertently sent to the Choice Hotels central reservations office. Your#inquiry can#be answered best by the hotel, please contact them directly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I have contacted the hotel and was told that they will be shutting down on May 24th for the refurbishment of the hotel.# They are unsure, at this time, of a re-open date.# Please keep in touch with the hotel in order to find this information out for sure.# Their phone number is: 407-345-8195.

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate your interest in Choice Hotels International.
Old 2 Apr 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I wonder what all that means to us, does that mean that they can leave you as booked for that hotel when they have no idea if it will be open or not? Also does anyone know if we do need to get relocated due to this if its up to us to pay any additional charges?
I cannot believe how some find out from the travel agent and then there is others which dont.
Old 2 Apr 12, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Digitalspy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by tinker29 View Post
I wonder what all that means to us, does that mean that they can leave you as booked for that hotel when they have no idea if it will be open or not? Also does anyone know if we do need to get relocated due to this if its up to us to pay any additional charges?
I cannot believe how some find out from the travel agent and then there is others which dont.
I'm no expert but I would imagine they can't send us on holiday unless they are certain we have a place to sleep and would hope that we wouldn't have to pay unless we reject the hotel they offer us and pick a higher class hotel.
Really hope this gets sorted one way or another cos would hate people to have their holiday ruined because no one was sure what was happening.
Old 3 Apr 12, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dawnjess
Imagineer

hope you all get sorted, I ve just sent this thread to my friend who is booked in in june she knew nothing about at and has phoned first choice, she is waiting a call back now
dawnjess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Megamicrofish
Getting Excited

Oh dear, Our parents are booked to stay here in September with TCD
Just tried a test booking in September and the website says nothing available, so either they are fully booked or they will be closed ?
Rosen Inn International Drive May 2022
Rosen Inn Closest to Universal Sep 2022
Megamicrofish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes you do not seem to be able to book from the 24th May or anytime in August when I checked. Just made another phone call to TC and they are still awaiting an answer, told them that there is places online about it closing and also about the not being able to book guess its just waiting now, but hate this not knowing.
Old 3 Apr 12, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mr_fenda
Being a bit Goofy

Same here.Phone Purpleholidays last week and still waiting for a reply.Dummy booked same dates i am going(June 22) and hotel not showing up.Cant understand what is taking them so long to find out.Have had this holiday booked up for six months.
mr_fenda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 12, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

It really is outrageous its taking them all so long to find out. I told tour operator last Wednesday and they still haven't got any information, so I called the hotel myself and was told it was closed during my visit - 2 - 16 June! If I can call the hotel and find out quickly, why cant they?
Closed Thread