Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 14, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
I think it would be things like movies under the stars, campfires and s'mores, yeehah bob at POR, viewing platforms at AKL, etc..
Maybe it's just us but we don't visit other resorts for those kind of things.

The only thing that would really get me is if they stopped us from viewing wishes after eating at Cali Grill now that is a scary thought!
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
They may stop non resort guests eating at restaurants then in fear of selling too many DVC villas
Otherwise, they'll have to build more!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Lots more for guests than just the pools. ...Like the beach at the Poly!
Fair enough, maybe they'll stop us viewing Wishes from the dock after eating at Narcoossees too.

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Fair enough, maybe they'll stop us viewing Wishes from the dock after eating at Narcoossees too.
They'll probably FP it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Maybe it's just us but we don't visit other resorts for those kind of things.

The only thing that would really get me is if they stopped us from viewing wishes after eating at Cali Grill now that is a scary thought!
That's an interesting example, because it's within the restaurant and you have to be a paying diner to enjoy that particular view. Resort guests can't, can they?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
They'll probably FP it
Oh no, FP+ at the resorts!

Old 22 May 14, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

When you've paid for TS (especially signature), you're in a different category again, I'd say.

Old 22 May 14, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by onelittlespark View Post
they'll probably fp it

Old 22 May 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

If it deprived hotel guests, yes, but I'm guessing it didn't and that the CM was happy to include your boys. (Did they enjoy it, btw?)

The point to remember is that they were lucky to enjoy for free an element of that resort paid for by hotel guests. It was a privilege, not a right. If too many visitors to the resort do these things then you can see that it would spoil the experience for paying guests (as at the Poly).
They did enjoy it thanks, yes. You're right, the CM called them over to her, probably as there was literally no one else around.

I can't say that I felt 'privileged', but it was a good experience to see the little things that go on inside the resorts, and it was nice for them to experience something a bit different.

I would hazard a guess that Disney are happy to allow anyone to join in with that kind of thing, and that it doesn't cause a problem for on-site guests. Only when it does become a problem (like at the Poly) will they then do something about it.

Do you think non-resort guests shouldn't be able to join in with the street entertainers at the Boardwalk? My DS got picked to take part in a magic show there, was that also crossing the line?

It would be very un-Disneylike for a child to approach a CM doing something fun to be told they can't join in as they aren't hotel guests. The Poly example is a lot easier to control than little ad-hoc activities.

I do agree with what you are saying to some extent, but in a way the resorts are an extension of the parks - the facilities that are available to everyone are obviously that way because Disney want them to be available to everyone. But, I too would be miffed if I couldn't do something because of off-site guests like the campfires or fireworks.

It's a tricky one!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

When you've paid for TS (especially signature), you're in a different category again, I'd say.
Ooh I think this is bordering on dicey territory! It should be all or nothing IMHO.

Closed Thread