Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Terrible, they should have provided alternative hotel accommodation (at an equivalent standard hotel) and still given early park entry/FOTL access. Please take up with Loews. Who did you book through? If someone like VH then contact their inresort reps.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Completely, totally and utterly unacceptable.

Include a link to this thread along with any complaints.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Staggering that.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Koala View Post
Hi all, thanks for all your replies - I feel better knowing that other people would have been just as unhappy with the situation as we were and that we didn't over react. To clarify - yes it's just the two of us, and yes there is literally one sofa bed. It turns out that because they overbooked the hotel, they divided a suite into parlour rooms - so basically we got the living room of a suite with a sofa bed and a bathroom. We are in the parks at the moment, but will try and post a pic later. I will definitely be sending an email direct to Loews when we get home with the pictures. Thanks again for the support. We are just going to try and put this behind us now and enjoy the day in the parks. Yesterday was one of our best days so far - spent at the islands of adventure park, and in honesty the hotel really is beautiful which is partly why we were so disappointed. However we are I believe in the minority having had a problem so don't let it out you off if you are booked here.
Oh wow, that is baaaad

I would have been, let's just say, none too pleased! :angry:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think a tweet with a photo to Loews would get you a very heavy refund. Can't believe they would do that.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I stand corrected, that's fairly outrageous. I'm shocked they didn't explain the situation first, at the very least. You really do deserve more that $150, not only for the 'missing bed', but also for how you were treated.
Old 17 Apr 15, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

You cannot overbook a hotel. Last time I checked the number of rooms don't suddenly change... (and the business model is very different to airlines).

If you need any support, I am checking-in tomorrow - I will happily vent my disgust at your treatment with the manager. Shame on them. They should comp your room, plus the $150 + free meal and wine at their best restaurant.

And that's still getting off lightly!
Old 17 Apr 15, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I can't get my breathe, it's absolutely disgusting... and how they can think $150 is some recompense I don't know, no way would I be sleeping on a sofa bed... if you had wanted cheap accommodation that's what you would have booked... to fob you off like that is awful...
Hope you can put it behind you and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I am totally shocked! I would have been demanding a full refund there and then. I would not pay £250 to sleep on a sofa! Absolutely disgusting that a hotel in this category would even consider this option and not even tell you when you checked in!
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

What absolutely takes the biscuit for me was they were expected to make up the sofa-bed themselves. £240 - £250 per night to make up your own bed?!

My God, the duty manager must have thought her ship had sailed in ...

I don't know how many more days you've got left but try looking at getting another night or two free of charge in a room comparable to the one you paid for or better, you're at least entitled to the experience you paid for. They should do this and refund the original payment, at least.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Closed Thread