Major Building Work at Wilderness Lodge

Estimated to be starting in September apparently

wdwmagic/resorts/disn...dge-resort.htm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Wow. That's a heck of an expansion to a lovely resort.

One of it's beauties lies in it apparant remoteness surrounded by the woods. Despite MK and other things being just a hop and skip away.

These new villas will surround the resort on 2 sides. I hope it doesn't spoil it's charm.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
They're spoiling it just like they spoiled the Polynesian! Goodbye sand beaches with unobstructed views of Magic Kingdom!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Going in December. Can't decide if to change resort. Any thoughts?
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

To be fair it is all outside the existing footprint of hotel (although not the villas) so it probably won't be too disruptive. I guess it depends on whether you intend to be out all day everyday in which case the noise and dust probably won't affect you. However if you plan to lounge by the pool then maybe.

In December, I'm sure they will cover it with tinsel
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
They're spoiling it just like they spoiled the Polynesian! Goodbye sand beaches with unobstructed views of Magic Kingdom!
I agree. You're probably correct in stating it will spoil it but I don't think the beaches are being touched.

From the planning it looks like it will be in the woods to the South East adjacent to the existing villas toward Fort Wilderness. Also to the North of the horseshoe where there is a stretch of wood shielding the resort from the monorail and MK.

Unfortunantly, there were never any real views of MK. If you went on the top floor you can just about see the top of the castle and you could see the fireworks in the sky above the treeline but that's about it.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Im worried too! i stay middle of Oct...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

The more tranquil WL was top of my list! Now it's going to be yet another building site for months and months as they pack more people into every corner of WDW. Where will it end? They're draining quality with all this quantity.

Fingers crossed the developed WL will turn out better than I fear. ...But what will it be like in the meantime?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks as though my 'Woods View' room has just turned into a construction view room: not happy! The woods view rooms will look out onto the construction sites on both sides of the resort.
Just looked to see what else is available but unless we're willing to pay an extra £600 for our 5 night stay, there's nothing.
Old 17 May 15, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
I agree. You're probably correct in stating it will spoil it but I don't think the beaches are being touched.
They are building a restaurant on one of the beaches .