Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 15, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
typical we have just booked to stay 14 nights in sept next year, as we have a woods view i will be cancelling it and book somewhere else using dvc points, even adding dining and tickets it still going to be cheaper, will see what happens after the building work finishes before we book there again,

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Just phoned Disney and they know nothing about it! She said that when the Poly was being done they knew a long time in advance but this is the first they'd heard.
Hopefully the permits have been filed but this is a project for the future, not 2015!
Old 17 May 15, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
Just phoned Disney and they know nothing about it! She said that when the Poly was being done they knew a long time in advance but this is the first they'd heard.
Hopefully the permits have been filed but this is a project for the future, not 2015!
No one was saying anything before the Poly was officially announced, that was ages after they started building the water bungalows.

I wonder how long the Poly permits were filed before they started work on that.
Old 17 May 15, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

They do seem to be going more and more down the DVC line. Don't they realise that "once in a lifetime" visitors are likely to spend far more than regular visitors?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Such a shame, the beauty of WL is it's relatively compact size and really feeling like you are deep in the woods, secluded from the hustle and bustle of Disney. More rooms = more people = a busier feel.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
They're spoiling it just like they spoiled the Polynesian! Goodbye sand beaches with unobstructed views of Magic Kingdom!
Glad it's just not me thinking this, I also feel this way about the GF - first time I stayed my room overlooked the beautiful beach and Poly in the distance, whilst I could still see that view last year it was dramatically reduced with the GFV.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
No one was saying anything before the Poly was officially announced, that was ages after they started building the water bungalows.

I wonder how long the Poly permits were filed before they started work on that.
Worrying... At the end she did tell me to 'feel free to ring again'. Think I'll be ringing again tomorrow, I'd rather know so I can move!
Old 17 May 15, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The permit says 'initial review stage' until 14th June, so I doubt Disney would announce anything officially until after that?
Old 17 May 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wiggy28 View Post
They do seem to be going more and more down the DVC line. Don't they realise that "once in a lifetime" visitors are likely to spend far more than regular visitors?
I don't believe that's true, especially of DVC members.
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
They are building a restaurant on one of the beaches .
And, from the plans, it looks set to ruin/take over most of the beach area. So, less "wilderness quiet space" and more "cramming people in regardless of the effect on guest experience."

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread