Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Have you checked out the actual address/owner?
Yeah. It's legit. Checked google maps and all sorts. It's at bellavida resort
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
do you know which county the villa is located in

Steve
It's at bellavida resort in Kissimmee
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irvsax View Post
It's a house. I know the full address but not the owners full name, just his first name said in passing so far.

Do you know where I can check this out?

Thanks
Do you know what county/resort/sub-division it's in? If so then go to that county's property appraiser site, put in the address and see what's returned. Have you checked it on Google maps to see the home there?
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Do you know what county/resort/sub-division it's in? If so then go to that county's property appraiser site, put in the address and see what's returned. Have you checked it on Google maps to see the home there?
Great thanks. Will do that.

Yeah. Checked ages ago as wanted to look at the place as was excited about the trip.

It's had quite a few reviews on home away over last couple of years or so as well.
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Before processing your claim the cc provider will want documented proof of any cancellation of the booking if the owner is letting you stay there is no cancellation.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Before processing your claim the cc provider will want documented proof of any cancellation of the booking if the owner is letting you stay there is no cancellation.

Steve
Fair enough. Maybe just claim for some of the costs or something then?

Never done this before so no idea how it works.

If current owner isn't honouring the terms of the agreement I have then maybe there is some case for recourse there? I don't see why I should be out of pocket to pay for pool heat and cleaning again.

Not that true owner is doing anything wrong of course.
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Read up on section 75 cover of the consumer credit act that will detail what you can do in regards to claiming money back from your cc provider.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
And have you read the last review on the villa ?

Steve
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

And have you read the last review on the villa ?

Steve
Sadly i have... I asked the new lady about that and she said that this is because the last company just didnt pay for cleaners or anything. Again, this does sort of add up with the timeline of events and the story.

She told me that they are getting everything sorted. I said that while i appreciate the owner letting us stay for free I didnt want to stay there for 5 weeks feeling that someone was doing us a favour and we couldn't report things if there were issues etc.

She said everything would be as expected. The place would look like the pictures and broadband etc would all be working.

I suppose if the truth is that the first company has done this then everything the second company and owner is saying does stack up...
Old 26 Sep 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Just checked out the ownership and it does match the name that I have been given as 'the owner'

Thanks for the tip on this, that is at least a bit more comforting. Then again, being cynical, the new company could easily have done what I have done to get his name. haha
Closed Thread