Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Hmm so just had a call from the agent moving the viewing to tomorrow and to say that there IS a service charge on the property, but they don't know how much. A small amount is do able but we can't afford hundreds extra a month!

Well even if it's not this house, these viewing tips are still so useful. Going to try and schedule some more viewings later this week.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

No matter how friendly the vendors are and how nice they seem , do not swap phone numbers !

Some people do and I made that mistake and it turned into a living nightmare.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Always go back to the house at different times of day/evening and at a weekend - see what it is like, what's the parking like, neighbours etc. OMG neighbours especially... I've had some hellish ones (like a few others on the Dibb!) x
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’d also be worried about 1 parking space, especially if it’s likely to be your “forever” house. We only had 1 car for years but as the children got older we now have 2.

As for school catchment, again if it’s a “forever” house have a look at secondaries.

We moved here before we even thought about children. Knew there were a number of ok primaries but that the catchment secondary was the worst in the city. However there was a well regarded church secondary. I know things can and do change but trust me it was bad! We made sure we had options and my Twins have just finished at the well regarded church school. If we hadn’t had that option we wouldn’t have bought this house.
Old 5 Aug 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

As others have said a service charge can and will go up in years to come, these charges have been having a lot of bad press lately... I wouldn’t go there, but it’s up to you of course...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Yeah the service charge thing is really putting me off. We can't afford hundreds extra a month.

We've arranged some more viewings for Friday and Saturday- it will be a house intensive weekend!

On a side note, what is it with all these houses that have 're-fitted shower rooms'?! Um no, this girl needs a bath!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yeah the service charge thing is really putting me off. We can't afford hundreds extra a month.

We've arranged some more viewings for Friday and Saturday- it will be a house intensive weekend!

On a side note, what is it with all these houses that have 're-fitted shower rooms'?! Um no, this girl needs a bath!
Bath is easier to wash baby than shower definitely
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We live on a new build estate and have done so for four years
The annual
Service charge is £140 per household and can be spread
Over the year
If that helps to
Know coatings this is an estate of around 50 houses that have the fee to pay
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I’ve just taken our bath out and had a full shower put in its place. I don’t plan on moving anytime soon and wanted the house to suit us, maybe others have done the same?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I’ve just taken our bath out and had a full shower put in its place. I don’t plan on moving anytime soon and wanted the house to suit us, maybe others have done the same?
That's fine for you but they are selling theirs?! I agree with the op, I wouldn't buy a house with no bath and it's a big job to get one put back in. I've always heard on house renovation/selling tv shows they don't recommend removing baths. Families with young children would usually want a bath.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List