Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 14, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Hire Car

Hi this is the first time I have booked Flights, hotel etc separate. It's worked out much cheaper than a package.

Wondering if any of you have any suggestions on cheap car hire or if anywhere is going to have a sale?

I am worried that if I don't go with a big company like Alamo or Dollar I'm going to get to airport and they won't no about my booking. We were there in June and when picking up our car at airport there was a couple who had booked car hire separate through some company online and the hire company knew nothing about their booking so had been ripped off
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

We used Avis last time, cheapest prove at the time and used a code off here.

As long as you take a print out of booking, I can't see there being a problem with car hire
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Alamo.co.uk/brits is showing the best prices for me at the moment. I have an int SUV fr three weeks in the summer for £420 including free additional drivers. Not been able to find anything cheaper at present. However, they also offer free cancellation so can always jump if something better comes along.

Holiday Autos are having a sale at the moment, but only 1 country at a time. USA is 21st Jan when they are expected to have 20% off for one day only. Not sure what impact this will have on their prices but may be worth a look.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mart
Apprentice Imagineer

Prices can actually vary day to day by tens of pounds.
You need to have an idea of what you want to pay but be realistic on the price and once you see the price then book it.

Also although there are sales on many companies and brokers can have promotions on cars which may not be advertised as such.

Carrentals.co.uk is a trawler and will show up these promotions for the companies they have on the site as well as any discounts the site is doing. The website has the major rental companies as well as brokers such as expedia, ebookers etc.

You can also check sites such as Alamo.co.uk/brits and US rentacar that many dibbers use.

The key here is to shop around for the best deal.
May 94 Comfort Inn Universal,April 02 HoJo Plaza July 04, May 05 CBR June 06,08 Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Aug 07 Disneys Yacht Club Christmas 08 Disneys Polynesian Resort June 09 Yacht Club/Bellasera,Naples,Dec09/Jan10 Dibb Villa Jun11 Dibb Villa Jul 13 Dibb Villa June 14,15 Dibb villa,RPR/GF Sep19
mart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Hertz are due to have a big sale soon 33% off last year. If not try Uscarhire or Alamo Birts we have used both loads of times. Alamo Brits are coming up with the best price for us at the moment but I'm in no rush to book just yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread