Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Dec 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Yes Expedia are rubbish at this - their customer service scripts don't allow the call handlers to actually provide any customer service.

I rang them last year for a query on my rental and she went and cancelled it while we were talking and I hadn't even asked her to.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Yes Expedia are rubbish at this - their customer service scripts don't allow the call handlers to actually provide any customer service.

I rang them last year for a query on my rental and she went and cancelled it while we were talking and I hadn't even asked her to.
I have had a lot of problems with Expedia too. Sent an urgent email re a hotel in San Fran and exactly 4 weeks to the day they replied with a standard "phone customer service reply". 4 weeks later. I had phoned customer services originally and it was them who had told me to send a screen shot and urgent email. Cancelled the hotel in the end. Then got another reply to my original email now 6 weeks later saying "contact customer services". By then I didnt even have a booking so it shows they had not even bothered to read the email
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 16, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Jo. If there is anything I can do from this end let me know.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 16, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jo. If there is anything I can do from this end let me know.
aww thanks Mr Tom Problem I have with some of the UK sites is even though I have a UK address and bank account I am not resident in UK which some require, so have to read all the T&C's to make sure. We have our own insurance here which we can use in the US, as US citizens do, so may be cheaper that way on Alamo.com or something. As you know we usually have the car, as DD drives down with the dog but that wont be happening this year, so not often we need a car. Only when DH and I have a little holiday alone. Thanks for the offer
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List