Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just started loading a Thomson one as a way of saving spends for next year this comes with a second card
Used the Virgin one last time which is good because it changes to the local currency for a small charge so you could roll over for other countries or use in the U.K. had no problems with that in Florida .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gemboss
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
Is the Monzo card a travel card or a bank card which exchanges to that currency each time you make a transaction?
It's a prepaid travel card that exchanges at the Mastercard rate each time you make a transaction.

Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert has it as Best Buy for prepaid travel cards

moneysavingexpert/cre...el-cards#monzo

Edited at 03:00 PM.
gemboss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gemboss View Post
It's a prepaid travel card that exchanges at the Mastercard rate each time you make a transaction.

Ok thanks maybe have a look at that then 👍
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have a Fairfx card and have used it for 2 trips with no problems. You can check your balance and top up via the app.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fairfx has been our card of choice for years, we also use the Euro card when we go to the Canary Islands, never had ant problem at all with Fairfx.
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMiaWallace
Trying for More Ears

Can I ask how you've gotten on with your Monzo card? Just ordered one through MSE. What my main gripe is with these cards are withdrawing when you return to the UK and they charge you. Am I right that if I come back with money left (wishful thinking lol) I am not charged or lose out for withdrawing?
MrsMiaWallace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gemboss
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by MrsMiaWallace View Post
Can I ask how you've gotten on with your Monzo card? Just ordered one through MSE. What my main gripe is with these cards are withdrawing when you return to the UK and they charge you. Am I right that if I come back with money left (wishful thinking lol) I am not charged or lose out for withdrawing?
I love my Monzo card! I got it in preparation for Florida in August but since I got it I've used it locally, in Amsterdam and in Venice to pay for purchases. I've used it online too and I've even tested taking money out of my local ATM - all hassle free.

If you have money left over then you can use your card as you would your debit card in shops/restaurants etc or withdraw from an ATM over here (no charges/fees).
gemboss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMiaWallace
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I love my Monzo card! I got it in preparation for Florida in August but since I got it I've used it locally, in Amsterdam and in Venice to pay for purchases. I've used it online too and I've even tested taking money out of my local ATM - all hassle free.

If you have money left over then you can use your card as you would your debit card in shops/restaurants etc or withdraw from an ATM over here (no charges/fees).
Thanks thats good to know! I’m looking forward to using it!
MrsMiaWallace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List