Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Jul 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lachelli
Helping Mickey

Can anyone confirm what the situation is if you visit Volcano Bay on a 3 park explorer before upgrading to a season pass.

Are you forced to purchase a 3 park season pass, would only be interested in a 2 park season pass for next years visit as we are only planning on a flying visit next year and the 2 parks will suffice

Thanks
Lachelli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lachelli View Post
Can anyone confirm what the situation is if you visit Volcano Bay on a 3 park explorer before upgrading to a season pass.

Are you forced to purchase a 3 park season pass, would only be interested in a 2 park season pass for next years visit as we are only planning on a flying visit next year and the 2 parks will suffice

Thanks
Yes, policy has now officially changed ……… if you've visited Volcano Bay you can only upgrade to a 3 park pass, which is understandable as the 2 park would essentially be a downgrade resulting in a credit. Now that the price of the 14 day ticket is more, youre only paying $75pp to upgrade to a 3 park rather than the $100 it was last year.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Yes it does
So does that mean you can use your passes, upgrade on the last day and then get a whole year of use from that last day?
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
So does that mean you can use your passes, upgrade on the last day and then get a whole year of use from that last day?
No, the annual pass tickets will be valid from the first day that you used the original tickets
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hypnobabe
Being a bit Goofy

To update from either 4 day or 14 day

We’re going in October and we’re buying Disney AP before we go.

We will only be visiting universal for 4 days this holiday but intend going back next August so want to upgrade to universal APs - although we don’t need more than 4 days this time, would I be better getting the 14 day pass to upgrade?
Hypnobabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Has anyone upgraded recently?

We go next month and have 14 day 3 park tickets. I intend to upgrade them to 2 park annual passes (don't intend to use Volcano Bay) just wondering roughly how much it will be?

Thanks x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Frosty460
New Poster (5)

We upgraded to 2 park annual tickets last week from 3 park 14 day, seasonal passes were at no extra cost and we did one as preferred which was $56, this is the one with free parking. We went to guest services building just inside the universal studios park.

Edited at 08:58 PM.
Frosty460 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

We upgraded yesterday. Also tried last Sunday but they refused to do a 2 Park pass. Systems have changed and won’t allow it even if you haven’t used Volcano Bay. Tried 3 different guest services and they all said the same. In the end we upgraded to a seasonal for $56 which is a 3 Park upgrade but he most basic level so includes blackout dates and no parking etc.

Not what I wanted but if we come next year we will have saved ourselves nearly £400 and only we’d spent about $40 more on the upgrade than we’d hoped.
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Spear
Trying for More Ears

I've booked my 14 days 3 park explorer ticket for next year as we are going in September but since then I've unexpectedly booked to go in May. I've never been twice in one year so i'm completely new to how this AP stuff works.

I'm happy to keep my 14 days tickets (as I've nearly paid them off) and now want to know about the annual pass. If i go to the ticket booth when i go in May, then they will be able to quote me an upgrade cost to change my pass into an AP? Then i can use the AP when i go in September?

Judging by the quotes other people are getting this could save me a lot of money doing it this way. Sorry again if its an obvious question, i'm a newbie to this AP stuff.

Thanks.
Spear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I upgraded to Seasonal last week. Its around $60 per ticket to upgrade and I was forced to stick with the 3 park ticket. To have the one with discounted parking (50% off) its around $100 and then for the free parking and all the discounts it was $154 plus tax. We didn't enjoy Volcano Bay (not into fast slides) so its a bit of a waste having the 3 parks but we worked out even if we go 1 day on our visit next May we will have saved some money. Also this month the seasonal pass gives a discount on food and soft drinks around the park which usually I believe it doesn't.

And yes go to any ticket counter (including those at Universal hotels if you are staying at one as this is where we upgraded and there was no queue) and they will quote you the amount. The amount is excluding tax so its slightly more when they put through the cost. It's definitely worth it if going twice in the year.

Oh and also you get this month a free badge (very naff but hey its free). They have offers throughout the year so hopefully when others go they will also get a freebie but definitely not the quality of the Disney World Annual Passholder freebies. And they have passholder merchandise I believe but didn't see anything decent - although didn't ask either as was all shopped out from the previous 2 weeks.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List