Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

Flights of Passage FP

Hi all,

OK so my 60 day calendar opened at 12pm today, been hoping to grab this FP more than any other (goes for everyone I think).

As we're only at Disney for 2 days, we can only get 4.15pm on the Friday and 6.30pm on the Wednesday. We really wanted early morning, like everyone else again, so was wondering if anyone has experience of FP being released later on? Or if I am to just keep checking and hope I get lucky? As we only have 2 days, I really don't want to feel like I'm wasting a full days FP just to avoid a 2/2.5 hr queue.

Also, what are peoples experience with the early morning rush for FOP? If we got to AK an hour before opening, would we be one of the first on or do people act like animals for the ride in the morning?

Just needing advice on whether to bite the bullet and queue for a couple hours, and get it done with. That way I can book FP for other places like Toy Story or 7DMT. Or do I stick with my FP and queue as normal for other rides before that one?

Decisions ...
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

personally i would stick with your 6:30 as that means you could ride late just before it gets dark and experience the park in the dark and goto to MK or HS for opening to ride what you want. Slinky FP is harder to get then FOP in my view.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

Well those other 2 rides are in different parks so wont affect your Fop FP.
Seems that theres a Q for the ride well before opening but i havent been this summer so cant say from experience, only what ive read on other threads
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

People have found they do release some extra on the day, about 10ish if i remember right. Not guaranteed though.
You have 2 days, either keep the fast pass or dont do FOP. Why waste that much time queuing when you havent much time there. Its a great ride, but not good enough to waste that much time when you have so little.
You are going in a quieter time. We go in the last 2 weeks in August and find 7DMT queue to be not to bad. 45 mins wait, but we still FP it as we are there for much longer.
If AKL is extra magic hours, then you could rope drop it and being September will be a little quieter for that, a normal rope drop will still be busy, but if you dont mind a short jog, then go for that option. Just remember that your not the only one to be doing that and if your like my wife, then she will be stopping for photos, what ever the plan is.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone so far.

I understand the other rides I mentioned are in other parks so won't affect FOP but it just means because I am booking a FP so late in the day, it doesn't give me any chance to really get more FP that day apart from the 3 I am able to pre-book, and only in AK but we only really want to do FOP and EE in AK so seems a waste to queue for rides in other parks until 6.30 when we are in AK.

Hopefully I get lucky and manage to get an early one come up. Even a 12pm one isn't bad.

If not, we may just get there early on the day and RUN! We've been a few times before, so not worried about photos, but never done FOP so will want to do this as a priority
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Like you I only got evening rides for that week in September. For it being a "quiet" time Im a bit worried it's still gonna be ramma-jamma-ding-donged while there

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

We got FoP twice during mornings (9:05 and 11:30) and twice in the evening (19:20 and 19:30). Not too bothered as we wanted to see Pandora at night.

Slinky Dog we got 9:40 and 17:30.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

When I done my FP’s at 60days our there was no FOP FP’s valuable. I took the River Avatar ride as that was available. I kept logging in every few days on the app with about 30days to go and managed to swap my River ride for the FOP FP’s for the morning time

Basically book what you can and then just keep logging back in and see if you can swap them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We arrived at AK at 8.10am
Today for a 9am opening. Had a FoP fast pass for later but headed for Navi. Which was down. Super annoying that’s 5 rides in 2 days that haven’t been available when we got to them. Anyway. There were hundreds of people in front of us including the largest noisiest tour group of teenage girls I’ve ever seen. At least 200 of them. Plus two other teen tour groups. Queue was at 120 mins by the time we waited 10 minutes for Navi before we were told it wasn’t running.
Old 14 Jul 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They released a load more FPS around the park including Avatar a few weeks ago, so it does happen.