Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Feb 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Cheaper Alamo website

I've been monitoring the price of Alamo Brits and at the moment it's £390 for a full size car 2 weeks this August.

I've already a booking with dollar via auto Europe with dollar for £362 which includes tank of fuel but reading reviews I would prefer to go Alamo if poss.

Anyway I was googling Alamo Florida and a paid Google advert comes up at the top as in my screen shot attached. When you click on it it goes to Alamo.co.uk beta website and same car is coming up £340!

It includes Collision damage Waiver Full and extended protection plus one extra driver and taxes.

I've booked it but have emailed Alamo directly to check I've not been scammed and I've paid with a credit card.

Hopefully it's all legit and may be worth checking out as rates are cheaper than going directly to Alamo.co.uk

Cheers

James
Edit it won't allow me share a link or the screen shot as I'm a new poster.

Edited at 12:11 PM.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

The link is ://beta.alamo.co.uk/united-states/florida/miami/?version=car-hire-florida&gclid=CI-h3IP5kdICFeyc7QodWOQAmw&sissr=1

But as said I am waiting for reply from Alamo to confirm all is legit. Just put https behind the link

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Keep us informed as my quote is £20 cheaper for my dates in December.
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Will do.

Just seems strange that it's cheaper than Alamo Brits or Alamo.co.uk. I'm just asking myself what's the catch or is it a bogus site?

I got an automated email with my booking confirmation number etc and £340 is pending on my credit card.

I'll just feel happier when Alamo customer services reply to confirm its all genuine and correct.

Ive not cancelled my dollar booking yet until this is confirmed.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

It is a genuine alamo website from what I can tell - just manually type beta.alamo.co.uk into your web browser to be sure it isn't spoofing the address.
Coming up at £498 for 16 night with a 7 seater which is around £100 lower than Brits is showing. Only downside I can see at this point is that it does not include an additional driver. Will be keeping my eye on it.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
It is a genuine alamo website from what I can tell - just manually type beta.alamo.co.uk into your web browser to be sure it isn't spoofing the address.
Coming up at £498 for 16 night with a 7 seater which is around £100 lower than Brits is showing. Only downside I can see at this point is that it does not include an additional driver. Will be keeping my eye on it.
Additional driver is included for me see below on the confirmation

Base Rate 340.81 GBP1
Collision Damage Waiver Full (included)
Extended Protection (included)
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day (included)
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (included)
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day (included)
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day (included)
Vehicle License Fee .78/day (included)
Sales Tax (included)
Additional Driver (included)
Total Charges 340.81 GBP
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Conjuror
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
I've been monitoring the price of Alamo Brits and at the moment it's £390 for a full size car 2 weeks this August.

I've already a booking with dollar via auto Europe with dollar for £362 which includes tank of fuel but reading reviews I would prefer to go Alamo if poss.

Anyway I was googling Alamo Florida and a paid Google advert comes up at the top as in my screen shot attached. When you click on it it goes to Alamo.co.uk beta website and same car is coming up £340!

It includes Collision damage Waiver Full and extended protection plus one extra driver and taxes.

I've booked it but have emailed Alamo directly to check I've not been scammed and I've paid with a credit card.

Hopefully it's all legit and may be worth checking out as rates are cheaper than going directly to Alamo.co.uk

Cheers

James
Edit it won't allow me share a link or the screen shot as I'm a new poster.
Hi James,

The web site looks inviting and legit but the location and date information differ from Alamo.co.uk or Alamo.co.uk/brits web site, I would have been a wee bit apprehensive in booking although this would same me £53 compared to Alamo/brits. My Internet security gives me the following warning "Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server" but have seen this warning for trusted web sites also. Hope all's well with your rental booking.
Conjuror is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Well this morning I visited the Alamo.co.uk website and went to the contact us section and sent an email on to them copy and pasting the email from my booking so hopefully they will confirm its ok.

I guess worst situation is that I've been scammed but I paid on my credit card so should be protected.

I'll keep you informed of developments.
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Conjuror View Post
Hi James,

The web site looks inviting and legit but the location and date information differ from Alamo.co.uk or Alamo.co.uk/brits web site, I would have been a wee bit apprehensive in booking although this would same me £53 compared to Alamo/brits. My Internet security gives me the following warning "Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server" but have seen this warning for trusted web sites also. Hope all's well with your rental booking.
Indeed. The beta site is housed in Seattle whereas the standard site is in Sweden.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
Well this morning I visited the Alamo.co.uk website and went to the contact us section and sent an email on to them copy and pasting the email from my booking so hopefully they will confirm its ok.

I guess worst situation is that I've been scammed but I paid on my credit card so should be protected.

I'll keep you informed of developments.
Perhaps one way to check would be to log on to the normal alamo website and try to access the booking. If that site returns your details OK, I suspect all is good, unless alamo themselves are unhappy with the booking being from the beta site.